Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems importing dwg file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
autodesk
939 Views, 4 Replies

Problems importing dwg file

I imported a dwg from a microprocessor board, cubieboard.  When I imported it is really hug and slow.  Size is supposed to be 100mm x 60mm, and it shows up like 3.875E+04mm x 2.280E+04mm.  So something went wrong on the import.  Can I easly scale the entire thing down manuall?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for your post.

For the size issue, Fusion will import dwg file following the real size. As we can see from the screenshot captured from AutoCAD the dimension is 3940 without units. Furthermore, because the dwg file is unitless, Fusion will use “cm” as unit during importing. 

1.png

About the scale problem, we are still looking into it.

May I ask, what are you planning to do with the imported model?

Thanks

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for looking into it. I would like to import this file, so I can create a model that is a enclosure for this device, and need to get the mounting dimensions, and connectors, etc.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the workflow following your requirement. The performance is really not good. I have filed it to developers, hope they can fix it sooner. There is a workaround about it.

1. Open the file.

2. Click bulb on root component on browser tree to make the model to be invisible.

3. Then click the bulb on sub-component on browser to make the sub-component to be invisible. There are many sub-components, so we need some time to do it.

4. Click bulb on root component again.

5. Click the bulbs only for the components which will be used.

6. Then there is a little components which are visible, the performance gets much better than before.

About the scale the sketch problem, theoretically, you can use Scale to scale the whole sketch by selecting the root component on browser tree. But, unluckily, there are some little issues on Scale the sketches and extrude the profiles on the imported dwg file. I will transfer them to developer to fix it on an update.

Thanks for using Fusion 360 and hope my reply can help you. If you get any questions, feel free to post them. 🙂

Thank you very much!

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: autodesk

I have dealt with a similar issue, importing a complex circuit design. My (not ideal) solution was to Import the file as an image- for all the details that didn't matter to the physical model- and import as a physical model only the holes, outlines, and component locations that I needed to have for making the model.

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report