Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Press-Pull command creates repeatable crashing on Mac

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Oceanconcepts
477 Views, 6 Replies

Press-Pull command creates repeatable crashing on Mac

Opening my current work file again, I'm in the Model workspace with direct modeling, and I'm discovering that I cannot use the Press-Pull command without an immediate crash. This is a pretty simple file, and I'm just trying to press-Pull the sides of a rectangle, but even trying other objects the command crashes Fusion. 

Suggestions? 

CER_97129382, 

CER_97128727

CER_97128896

CER_97128830

Add another crash- I verified that Press-Pull works in other files, and worked on a cylindrical object in the problem file, but when I try to use it on either of the prismatic shapes in the file I get a crash. This last one was a long hang, I had to force quit, I did not get the report dialog.

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kingson138
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Hi Ron ,
I reported this a long time ago and press pull is still crashing.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 3 of 7
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: kingson138

Hi Kingson,

It's a strange one- a couple of the prismatic shapes in the file seem to cause crashing, but if I replicate them exactly as a new body and copy that into the component I have no problem. Seems as if something is corrupted. 

- Ron

Message 4 of 7
sunneven

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. 

I am the developer of press/pull feature, recently i fixed a couple of crash issues on mac. Some are caused by me and some are caused by others.

Do you have a detail workflow to reproduce the crash so i can verify it.

Or can you see me your simple file to me?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
kingson138
in reply to: sunneven

Hi Sunneven,

Thanks for your reply. I think our friend Ron has the latest situation on Push Pull Crashes. My situation might had been corrected already. Since some time ago I had already found ways to get around those crashes. When I was designing very small objects like the solid graphical objects on Ring bands, I usually have to push pull very small items of say 0.10 or 0.05mm diameter up and down and usually those will generate crashes if I am using the mouse cursor to drag the arrow. I found a way to minimize it and I had been using that since then. I kind of touch the arrow and plug in the numbers instead. I think the crashes usually occur when push pulling very small round shape or disk shape objects. Lately I had been working on bigger size Pen Holder sets and the sides are bigger and the push pull seems to be fine. I think Ron's situation is similar to my situation before and he should be able to give you files that you can reproduce the events.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 6 of 7
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: sunneven

Sunneven,

The workflow was:

Open File

Switch to Model workspace

Select Push-Pull command

Select an edge of the prismatic shape

Attempt to move the edge with the manipulator= 100% crash of Fusion

I confirmed that I get this same crash with just the single box part when I saved a copy. I'm attaching one of these files. There were two parts in the larger file that caused this crash, both were simple box forms.  If you need the complete file let me know where I can email it. 

- Ron

Message 7 of 7
sunneven

thanks for posting the file.
I verified that it was fixed days ago. the fix should be included in next release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report