Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a bit of help please

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vspd1
236 Views, 3 Replies

Need a bit of help please

Hello, This should be an easy one for someone who knows. The pop-out menu in the browser used to have a "Make Independent" command. I see that it is missing in the current update, so the question is: how do I make a duplicated component independent?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AndrewSears
in reply to: vspd1

Making a component independent is not supported in History Mode.  Can you verify this?

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 3 of 4
vspd1
in reply to: AndrewSears

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure what you mean. When I copy and paste a component, should I be able to make it independent in the history ribbon at the bottom of the window? I don't see anything like that with a right-click on the history item. How can I tell when/where a command is relocated or if it's just gone? Has the terminology changed?

Reproducing a component and making it independent so it can be edited without affecting other components based on the same effort is quite important - to me at least.

Greg

Message 4 of 4
AndrewSears
in reply to: vspd1

Greg,

Fusion 360 has changed a lot over the last few releases.  We did not have a timeline until January but nothing has changed to relocate the command to make a component independent. We just currently do not have the ability to make a component independent while capturing design history so it won't show up in the timeline with a RMB option either.

To make a component independent, you will need to exit out of history mode.  Look at the image below in the bottom right corner.

do not capture history.png

To go back into history mode RMB on the upper node and select "Capture Design History".

go back to design history.png

We understand this is not the best workflow and some features need to be added for History modeling.  Please offer any other suggestions you have to make this a better product for you.

Does this help?

Andy  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report