Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add parts to an assembly?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pCondylis
652 Views, 3 Replies

How to add parts to an assembly?

Hello,

lets imagine that I have make two drawng in seperate files. How do I add them both into a drawing and make an assembly?

This must be very simple, but I find no way of doing it!

thanks.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: pCondylis

It is simple, but not very intuitive or obvious.  There is a little magnifying glass icon at the upper right of the window.  

search icon

If you click on it it will expand to a search box.  You can type the beginning of the file name you want to add, it will search in the project and come up with a list- select the one you want and it will be placed in the drawing with a move tool active. 

Unfortunately you don't seem able to browse- you need to have an idea of what the file name is.  And the process is hidden behind a non-obvious icon, rather than identified with text or a menu item. Easy, once you know how to find it. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 4
pCondylis
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Thank! 

Yes its quite obscure!

I was expecting that there was a hidden "place" menu item somewhere...

Message 4 of 4
garin
in reply to: pCondylis

We have a new dashboard we are working on and will make this workflow much easier once we roll it out. This is a very comon question and I agree not discoverable at all. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report