Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for those without a real graphics card

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
misterz12
338 Views, 3 Replies

Help for those without a real graphics card

Hi,

I was really excited to start using fusion 360 after seeing the YouTube videos. Unfortunately it keeps crashing and I think it's related to my integrated intel graphics card on my laptop (I get some error message about the graphics program having to be restarted while I'm using fusion, then fusion later crashes). Is there any workaround that doesn't involve buying a new computer with a real graphics card?

Thanks,

Zach
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Helmi74
in reply to: misterz12

Hi Zach,

you can always try to switch of stuff in the settings and in the display menu on the bottom of fusion but in the end Fusion is a 3D graphics software which kinda needs a bit of graphic power to make some fun.

Fusion360 definitely isn't on the low end of software needing performance but you should still be able to switch graphics to simple in Preferences or switch of some shadows in the display menu.

Good luck!
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 3 of 4
misterz12
in reply to: Helmi74

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I opened one of the Autodesk tutorial projects yesterday and noticed the program seemed to run a lot smoother.  I suspect it does have something to do with the graphical settings/defaults.

Switching off shadows and putting graphics on simple seems like a good start, but is there anything more I could do?  For the very basic models I'm building I could almost live with just a wireframe.  Note I will also be using the Fusion CAM software.

If this CAD stuff graduates from a minor hobby to a serious hobby I would definitely purchase better computer hardware, but I'm hoping to scrape by with what I have in the meantime.

Thanks so much for your help,

Zach

Message 4 of 4
rekom23
in reply to: misterz12

I've noticed that it can really slowdown when you have a lot of stuffs selected. I can hear the fan of my video card (not a powerfull one HD7750 ATI) that start to turn more and more quickly if i turn my design in all the side.

I've got a descent computer. Hackintosh under mavericks 10.9.3 i7-4770 with 16go Ram (with video hardware acceleration enabled, Luxmark confirm it).

Once nothing is selected and even if the design is complex it runs like a charm. I didn't try on my macbook air yet...

Selected like this :

Capture d’écran 2014-06-10 à 15.21.34.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report