Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion360 still crashes too much OS X

89 REPLIES 89
Message 1 of 90
cekuhnen
1578 Views, 89 Replies

Fusion360 still crashes too much OS X

The past days I gave fusion a lot of tests and encountered many crashes. The software is still extremely buggy and prone to say good by even with very simple files.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Tags (1)
89 REPLIES 89
Message 81 of 90
rekom23
in reply to: Helmi74

It crashes also a lot on both my computers, an hackintosh OSX 10.9.4 i7 4770 + HD7750 + 16gb ram and on my old laptop.windows7 I3-350m 4gb ram (both set up on French language).

I've also noticed that Fusion 360 doesn't like  bad internet connexion. / slow computer

It crashed as i wanted to remove 2 sketches, and i've sent the report.

Capture.PNG

Message 82 of 90
Phil.E
in reply to: rekom23

Rekom-

I have found zero crash reports from you in our system. When you get the CER form (crash error report), like you show in your picture, there are a couple of things you can do to help make Fusion better:

One is to put your email address into the field for email addresses. If you had been doing this all along I could compare all of your reports over time. Right now, there is no way to find this specific report and tell you what happened.

The other thing you can do is enter into the note field a short description of what you were doing when you crashed. This also helps our CER system in that when our engineers find a group of reports that all seem related, these descriptions are extremely valuable in helping determine root causes of problems.

I also notice that you are deleting sketches that are being used by two sub components. This will lead to problems. Do you notice the yellow warnings on your extrusions in the timeline? Were these warnings caused by deleting other sketches?

The best workflow for using sub components, such as what I see in your picture is this:

To create a sub component:

• 1 Right  click on the top browser node, pick New Component.
  • 2 Activate the component by clicking the radio button on the new component node.
  • 3 Create sketches and bodies inside this component.
  • 4 Do not delete the sketches unless you wish to delete the component, or delete a body that uses the sketch.

activate_component.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 83 of 90
cekuhnen
in reply to: Phil.E

I know " the one who can read has an advantage!" (German saying) but I as well totally over months overlooked the email field. Because Fusion is online account based can you not just directly input the registered user account email into the crash report be default?

I am curious about how many others might have overlooked the obvious here - entering your email I mean.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 84 of 90
Phil.E
in reply to: cekuhnen

The error reporting is a separate service. 

You only need enter your email one time. After the first report, it remembers your email address.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 85 of 90
cekuhnen

That is true but for months I personally overlooked entered the email. It
never even occurred to me that I have to.

Thats why I mentioned to maybe by default have in this screen the account
default email be entered which you
can overwrite if you desire so.

Claas

Claas Kuhnen

Message 86 of 90
roambotics_scott

Very generally (to solve that and many other annoyances) Autodesk should have a simple single-sign on that works across all apps and websites.

Also, I think there's something seriously wrong with the CER system. Even when I was on 10.9 and it worked for me, it'd only catch a minority of crashes and (IIRC) never the hangs that required force-quit (and fixing those would be a huge boon).
Message 87 of 90
cekuhnen
in reply to: roambotics_scott

Very much agree.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 88 of 90
charegb

Very good suggestion about single sign on and auto-populating CERs. Its one of those things where you go, why didn't I think of that?

I have logged it as a future enhancement.

Thanks,

Bankim

Message 89 of 90
roambotics_scott
in reply to: charegb

Thanks.

It's also like one of those things where every time I come here, I run into this

Capture d’écran 2014-08-14 à 08.23.26.png

and wonder «how can someone see this and not fix it immediately?!?».

Message 90 of 90
rekom23

One is to put your email address into the field for email addresses. If you had been doing this all along I could compare all of your reports over time. Right now, there is no way to find this specific report and tell you what happened.

The other thing you can do is enter into the note field a short description of what you were doing when you crashed. This also helps our CER system in that when our engineers find a group of reports that all seem related, these descriptions are extremely valuable in helping determine root causes of problems.

I filed the form with my mail and infos on what happened, weird.

The best workflow for using sub components, such as what I see in your picture is this:

To create a sub component:

• 1 Right  click on the top browser node, pick New Component.
  • 2 Activate the component by clicking the radio button on the new component node.
  • 3 Create sketches and bodies inside this component.
  • 4 Do not delete the sketches unless you wish to delete the component, or delete a body that uses the sketch.

Ok thanks for the tip! I'm not a 3d designer, and probably don't use the software and workflow as it should be used... But, i manage to get my stuffs done 🙂

I'll use this workflow now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report