Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display issue - missing F360 dialog boxes on MacBook Pro

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mikegem
363 Views, 2 Replies

display issue - missing F360 dialog boxes on MacBook Pro

I run F360 on a MacBook Pro in two environments - one in my office, where my MBP drives 1 or 2 additional monitors, and elsewhere, where I usually have just the MBP screen. 

Until this evening, F360 has transparently accommodated varying numbers of monitors - if I had external monitors attached, I could easily move F360 windows among them as I need, and when I have only the MBP screen, F360 plays nicely with singlescreen, putting all its dialog boxes on the single available window.

So this evening, in preparation for a Board meeting tomorrow morning, I'm working at home with F360 on my MBP (no external monitors) and it is no longer displaying its dialog boxes on the screen. For example, if I create a simple cylinder in Model mode, the dialog box that would normally let me specify whether I want a new body or a cut intersection with existing contiguous bodies doesn't appear. It's not available in F360's display, so I can't specify whether it's a cut or a new body or a join, etc.

Same problem with other functions that generate a dialog box or window specific to their function. If I try to Inspect a surface on a component in a design, the Inspect box that would display data for the surface I selected never appears in the F360 window. It's as if it's being displayed on a monitor that isn't connected to my computer. While I haven't tried everything, nearly all functions I've tried that involve putting up a dialog box do not display the dialog box. The only exception I've found is the Change Parameters function under the Modify menu. It displays its dialog box as usual.

This is new F360 behavior for me as of today.  I've restarted F360, restarted my MBP, no improvement. No other changes to my laptop that I know of. Running OS X with all updates, etc. Is anybody else having these issues? Any ideas how to fix it? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
visticb
in reply to: mikegem

With a document opened, try executing "Reset to Default Layout" in the View menu.

Message 3 of 3
mikegem
in reply to: visticb

Works fine, boxes back. thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report