Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension a slots length

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1175 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension a slots length

Is there a way to dimension a slot based on the length of the slot rather than to the center points of the end curves. I want to specify the over all length of a slot rather than the distance between the centers of the tanget arcs that form the ends. There doesn't seem to be a way to change a sketch dimension to measure from the edge of a arc or circle instead of it's center point.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SallyYang
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Fusion Forums and thank you for your post.

We are going to support adding slot with different method which should meet your requirement(dimension the overall length). However for your current version, you have to follow a workaround. You can add a point to the middle point of arc and then dimension the distance of 2 middle points. Hope that works and let us know if any issues.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
cazwaskowicz
in reply to: SallyYang

Sally,

I believe these new slot methods have been added since this thread was started. However, I'm having an issue with the "Overall Slot" option. When I use this, I enter the dimensions, but only the width ends up as a fixed dimension. Fusion is not adding any dimension to the length. It is simply making the length whatever number I specify, but if I drag the line it's not constrained by a dimension. Should it be adding both dimensions (width and length)?

Thanks,

Caz

Message 4 of 4

You need to pick a start point then enter the length and press Tab then pick an end point and set the diameter.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report