Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decal placement problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Oceanconcepts
511 Views, 3 Replies

Decal placement problem

I needed a common item to illustrate size in a presentation, so I thought I would scan and make a quarter I could just drop into the file. I placed the heads and the tails on the solid as decals, and one always seems to partially bleed through to the other side of the Model. Is this a bug with the Decal?  File is attached. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
herzinj
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Hey Ron,

It looks like if I uncheck the "Chain Faces" option on the tail image the bleed through doesn't occur any longer.  Maybe the image is just a little bit off in size and causes this strange happening for the decals.  Not sure this is the solution or not, but give it a shot!

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 3 of 4
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: herzinj

Thanks, James. I'm sure the image is off size slightly, this was just quick and dirty. That did seem to fix the bleed through.

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 4 of 4
bradrothwell
in reply to: herzinj

Hey There!

Im having a decal issue as well! so much so i had to turn on the solidworks for the first time this year. Im wondering why i cant float my decal of my entire body, it is confined by the edges of the profile i'm trying to add a decal to. which doesn't allow me to line the decal up properly even though its the correct size. Any way to turn off this collision? its when the center position point comes in contact with the edges of my part.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report