Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crashing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
escmojo
205 Views, 2 Replies

crashing

hello,

The other day I was using Fusion 360 on my Mac just fine.  Yesterday it crashed on me and ever since then it crashes all the time....even upon trying to create a new design.  I tried uninstalling 360 and reinstalling but it still does the same thing.  One thing I did notice is that upon startup there is a little window that appears saying required library updates did not happen or something to that effect.  If I was to uninstall again are there left over files that should be deleted?  Need some help so I can start using the product again.   Oh btw...I have probably sent in 6 or so error reports.

Thanks in advance!

esc

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jakefowler
in reply to: escmojo

Hi esc,

Sorry for the trouble you are having, and thanks for reporting this.

I was able to locate your reports - many thanks for submitting these. Somewhat strangely, the reports appear to be related to the multitouch technology we are using. It might be worth trying to disable this functionality (from the '3-bar' menu, click Preferences > General, and deselect the 'Use gesture-based view navigation' checkbox), and seeing if that makes a difference. Let us know if this does.

However, if you're seeing a dialog reporting problems updating the library at startup, I would recommend doing a clean uninstall and reinstall, regardless of the above suggestion. As you suggested, there are some cache files remaining after a regular uninstall. To do a complete uninstallation:

1. Run "Remove Autodesk Fusion 360" from the Launchpad (and "Remove Autodesk Sim 360", if you have that installed too)

2. Once this is completed, clear your cache files, as follows:

a. Start a new Finder window.
b. In the Finder Menu (Apple bar on top), select Go > Go to Folder
c. Enter "~/Library" into the dialog that comes up
d. Browse to Application Support/Autodesk, and move the following folders to the Trash (if they exist):

• Autodesk Fusion 360
  • Autodesk Sim 360
  • Common
  • Exchange Archives
  • MC3
  • Synergy
  • NINVFUS
  • NSIM
  • Neutron Platform
  • Webdeploy
  • Web Services

e. Next, navigate to $TMPDIR/Autodesk (open a Terminal window, and type "open $TMPDIR/Autodesk"), and move the following folders to the Trash (if they exist):

• Autodesk Fusion 360
  • Autodesk Sim 360
  • BrowserCache
  • Neutron Test Application
  • Project Forge
  • Project Simulus

3. Reinstall Fusion 360 from here

If you're still seeing problems after this, please do let us know, and we'll follow this up further.

Many thanks!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 3 of 3
escmojo
in reply to: escmojo

Ok thank you.  I just reinstalled and followed your remove file steps.

Also disabled that feature in the new install.  Lets see what happens.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report