Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted file won't open, Fusion crashes when accessing the browser

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Oceanconcepts
1305 Views, 8 Replies

Corrupted file won't open, Fusion crashes when accessing the browser

This is reported under PR 0221, but just in case there are any insights:

After updating to the new release of Fusion late Friday, I opened a file I had been working on quite a while, one with a number of elements and versions.  I did just a few simple operations to check function and played around with the interface chnges a bit. I left Fusion running in the background while doing other tasks- much later I experienced a computer problem that required a (forced) restart- after this crash I used Mac OS open function to restore the previous machine state, which opened the Fusion app, but I didn't sign on until today.

After signing on and attempting to open the last version- nothing happened. I tried to open the file again and got a message in the Mac 10.8 message center (not in Fusion, but from Fusion) that "The file you are trying to open or operate is corrupt. The operation will be aborted"

I opened an earlier version of the same file, but Fusion crashes whenever I try to click the triangle to expand the "Bodies" section of the browser, in order to turn on visibility for the object I wanted to work on. A crash log is filed with the Problem Report. 

This file corruption issue brings back up major concerns about the cloud implementation vs. the option of local storage. I don't have a backup file anywhere- an earlier version is there, but if I were following the practices that I use with non-cloud systems, I would have multiple copies of my last version.  Of course, they might all be corrupt as well, but there wouled be more of a sense of control. 

Ron

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I'll add (is there any way to edit a post?) that after a system restart the inability to select from the browser without crashing is cured. 

- Ron

Message 3 of 9

can you send me a corrupt file to looks at?  Please send to kevin <dot> schneider <at> autodesk <dot> com.

If needed I can setup an upload site link for large files.

Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 9

It's not clear to me how I can send a Fusion file- is there now an option for saving externally?  I could export, but I can't open it. Maybe I don't know my way around the clouds? 

For what it's worth, I just now had Fusion crash- just while rotating and viewing an edit, not while doing anything, and when I reopened the program, it's telling me that the last saved version is corrupt- same message.   I saved the crash log, if that might be useful. 

- Ron

Message 5 of 9
jhunt107
in reply to: schneik-adsk

I am also experiencing corrupt designs since the latest update. 1.6.345 The image shows where my design is. Autodesk is welcome to look at the design and determine what went wrong on the back end. Please email me for the details.  Kevin, I get the corrupt message when I click Edit so I can't export a F3D files.

Message 6 of 9
bird.black29
in reply to: jhunt107

Same here, cant open older version files of my design nor can i save new designs since the update..any help?

Message 7 of 9
Stuart-H
in reply to: bird.black29

Same here 

Cannot open any saved work , error message reports that files are corrupt or wrong format 

update

Edit for completness

shut down Fusion 360  shut down Imac , did a PRAM reset

retarted ans opened Fusion it now reports the correct ver no.  and seems to be OK except for a few crashes when closing browser

Stuart

Mac Studio M1Max and MacBook Pro M1
Message 8 of 9
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Stuart-H

@bird.black29 @Stuart-H please create your own threads.

1. Posting into a 3 year old thread that reports a 3 year old bug is not the best thing to do.

2. Your issue might look similar but is likely not (see age of thread).

3. You'll receive more targeted help if you create your own thread. 

Peter Doering
Message 9 of 9
Stuart-H
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Definate I D Ten T error on my part 

as you see I have fixed it 

Stuart

Mac Studio M1Max and MacBook Pro M1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report