Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not even starting

49 REPLIES 49
SOLVED
Message 1 of 50
fpessolano
1583 Views, 49 Replies

Client not even starting

I am running fusion360 on three computers (not at the same time). On the two macs all is ok apart a start-up slowness.

But on our CAD Windows7 workshation the client refuses to start. I get to a python interface and that's it.

Any clue?

Francesco

49 REPLIES 49
Message 2 of 50
rishivadher
in reply to: fpessolano

See the internet connections settings, if it's similar to the mac

Message 3 of 50
keqingsong

Hey Francesco, is your Windows 7 machine running 64 bit or 32 bit? Fusion 360 will not run on 32 bit operating systems. 

The other thing to check is also your internet connection. Also, you CAN run Fusion 360 on multiple machines at the same time if you need to. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 50
fpessolano

I am running on 64-bits and on the very same network as the macs.

The clients starts but it never loads the interface and crashed when i quit.

Message 5 of 50
keqingsong

Could you post a screenshot of when it crash occurs? It'll help us diagnose the problem. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 6 of 50
fpessolano

This is what i see all the time.

Message 7 of 50
keqingsong

@fpessolano wrote:

This is what i see all the time.

Thanks for the quick reply! I've notified our QA team and they are looking into the issue. We will reach out to you soon. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 8 of 50
jakefowler

Hi Francesco,

Many thanks indeed for getting in touch about this, and apologies for the problems you are encountering.

I’ve traced back the crash reports you’ve logged from this issue, and forwarded the information from these to our developers – we’ll look into this urgently. It’s possible that we might need some more information about your system environment when investigating this issue; if so, we’ll get in touch.

Many thanks again – taking the time to let us know about this & submit the crash reports is very helpful, and very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 9 of 50
Anonymous
in reply to: jakefowler

Same problem for me --> Error report submitted.

Any news or updates on that topic?
Message 10 of 50
jakefowler
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I'm afraid we haven't got to the root of this one yet, but we're continuing to investigate, and we'll be sure to let you know when we have more information.

I searched for the report to submitted, but wasn’t able to track it down. Did you include your email address in the report? If so, would it be possible to let me know what email address you provided? (You can send it to me by private message if you’d rather not post it to the forum.) This will help us confirm that your issue is related to the case initially posted to this thread.

Thanks very much for reporting this, and many apologies for the trouble this is causing.

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 11 of 50
Anonymous

Any news?

Message 12 of 50
Anonymous

Hi,

i have included the email to the error report. I have sent it to you in a PM.

Thank you!

Regards, Marin

Message 13 of 50
jakefowler

Hi Marin - I received your PM, many thanks! I did a search and didn’t find any Fusion 360 crash reports attached to your email address. Might it be possible to try submitting another one? And when the report is submitted, if you see the report ID number mentioned in your web browser (CER_XXXXXXXX), would it be possible to send that to me as well? That would be a big help, thanks!

Regarding news on this issue – it’s still being investigated I’m afraid. The problem appears to be isolated to specific machine environments, and we’re trying to track down what exactly triggers this problem. One thing it might be worth trying is to shut down all other Autodesk applications (including Autodesk Sync) before opening Fusion 360. If this makes a difference for anyone experiencing this issue, that would be very interesting to know.

Thanks, and apologies again for the trouble this is causing some of you, we’re trying to get this resolved asap.

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 14 of 50
Anonymous

HI,

I have sent another one:

CER_82202987 

Message 15 of 50
Anonymous

forgot to mention....

closing everything did not help, CER when everything was closed before starting: CER_82203384

regards, M

Message 16 of 50
jakefowler

Thanks Marin! I can see your reports now, and these are indeed pointing to the same problem as the other members of this thread.

An update on this issue: I have just been in contact with a member of our education team who appears to have encountered this problem last week on his machine, and he notified me that by performing a clean uninstall (as per the instructions here: simply uninstalling the application is not enough), and reinstalling Fusion 360, the issue went away for him. If it’s not too inconvenient, perhaps it’s worth trying this to see if this resolves the problem?

Many thanks to everyone for your continued patience on this issue,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 17 of 50
Anonymous

Nope, still the same...

Message 18 of 50
Anonymous

Will try later this week when i am back at my desk.
But i did already do a clean reinstall before to no avail.

--

*Francesco Pessolano, CEO*

www.xetal.eu | francesco@xetal.eu | Ph: +32 (0)15634499 | Mob: +32
(0)491895162
Xetal NV - Boeimeerstraat 1A, 2820 Bonheiden - Belgium
*Think before you print!
**XETAL Disclaimer *
Message 19 of 50
jakefowler

Sorry that didn't work, Marin & Francesco, and many thanks for trying that. Our developers are continuing to look into this, and we'll be sure to keep you posted on any developments.

Thanks very much again for your patience,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 20 of 50
Anonymous

I've been getting the exact same error.

I can run fusion 360 on my macbook... I haven't tried my windows 7 home edition 64-bit yet. I will tonight.

On my windows 7 64-bit Professional workstation-computer the loading screen pauses @ python / json / etc.. coding and workbench screen. Then loads no more. I think its hanging up somewhere on the load, because every time I quit the program there's that error where it seems to not close something it couldn't open? That's a total guess btw!

I can PM you my email if it'd help.

CER_82220575

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report