Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change view to construction plane

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jeffwaldosand
9768 Views, 5 Replies

Change view to construction plane

Can we change the view in the 3D space to normal to construction plane?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
garin
in reply to: jeffwaldosand

You can use the Look At command from the navigation toolbar. Select the command and a face/plane and it will transition you normal to the face/plane.

look-at.jpg

Message 3 of 6
jeffwaldosand
in reply to: garin

OK.  That is close.  Look at is fine until you want to toggle 90 to that position.  Then the space returns to base coordinate system.  I am looking for a way to re- orient the 3D space to another based on a construction plane.  I would like the use the navigation cube thingy and transform tools in multiple orthographic planes.  Are the transform tools are limited to x y and Z of the base coordinate system?  ...It could not be that limited right?

Message 4 of 6
garin

If you are purely looking to re-orient the cube for viewing you can right click on the View Cube and select "Set View As" and select a face to be either Front or Top. This will let you navigate 90 deg from that face.

iso-home.jpg

You may be asking to re-orient the UCS which would change the sketch planes and everything which we presently don't support in Fusion 360. 

If neither of these are what you are looking for we will try round 3 🙂

Message 5 of 6
jeffwaldosand
in reply to: garin

Thanks.  I did find this last night.  Is there a way to hot key Set Current View?

Message 6 of 6
garin

Glad you found it. There isn't a way to set a hotkey at the moment. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report