Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create or edit files

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
andres.bofill
898 Views, 15 Replies

Cannot create or edit files

Hello! 

I hadn't used fusion 360 for about 2 months, and when I first opened it again today I had to download and install the update.
After doing that, I tried to edit files but the Fusion UI would never pop up. Then I tried creating one to test what was going on,
and I'm unable to do it aswell, the only clue I have is this message you can see in the image at the bottom.

OS is Windows 7 64-bit
I also tried a clean install following the instructions given on the forum on cache clearing.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

problem.png

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Sorry that you're having this issue. Would you please share your account name with us so we can take a further look. Email me at: LiangDOTLiu@autodesk@com or give a private message please.

Thanks,

Macro Liu

Fusion QA Team

Message 3 of 16
bob_holland
in reply to: andres.bofill

Andres,

Could your previous version been a beta version?

This thread will guide you through how to uninstall the beta version.http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/How-to-uninstall-beta-and-export-designs-whil...

If you think that you previous version might have been beta, I would suggest that you try this then re-download.

Please send us an update when you have an opportunity.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 16
andres.bofill
in reply to: bob_holland

The previous version I had installed wasn't beta as far as I know. 

Message 5 of 16
ilarsson

Hi,

I have the same problem as Andres is describing. I get the same error message "Xdio subtype(design/simulation) is either empty or null".

Additionally, when starting the Fusion 360 application I get another error message "PLM 360 operation failed : 500".

I am running Fusion 360 version 1.8.674 on OS X 10.8.5. I have tried uninstalling Fusion 360 and then reinstalling it, but the same problem remains.

Please advise on how to resolve this.

Many thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 16
bob_holland
in reply to: ilarsson

andres.bofill and ilarsson,

I confirmed the correct information on the back end of this request.

Can you both try this again and let me know of your results.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 16

It's working now!

The difference I saw, was that a few seconds after loging in,
some indicators on 'how to create and import files' and a confirmation button pop up.
After that "Design / Import" tabs appear once again and I can flawlessly access the application.
Was that stage missing somehow? 

Once again thanks for all the help!

Message 8 of 16
ilarsson

Thanks for getting back on this quickly!

There are some things that work and some things that were revealed after you made the correction.

What worked:

– The Hub now shows the Import tab, and it is possible to create a new design. There is no error "Xdio ..." as before.

What was revealed in the process:

– An error stating: "Unknown exception when uploading file Hand shaped cup.6f46df38-8e80-4d33-9935-c419d65f3083.f3d to your Autodesk 360 account. Please ensure network connectivity."

"Hand shaped cup" was a design I made the other day, and after getting the "Xdio ..." error, this design was not possible to open or edit. The preview was showing in the list, but clicking on it caused Fusion 360 to hang.

– An error stating "PLM 360 operation failed : 404"

So I did some more testing, guessing that somehow the application on my computer and the backend got out of sync due to the (resolved) "Xdio ..." issue. Here is what I did:

1. Restarted the Fusion 360 application to make sure the same two new errors were still present. They were.
  2. Created a new design named "Test design" containing only a box with a fillet on one edge.
  3. Closed the "Test design" and checked the Hub. In the list I could then see both the "Test design" and the "Hand shaped cup" design.
  4. Clicked edit on the "Test design", and was quite surprised that now the actual design content was the "Hand shaped cup"! Yes, I also had to look three times... The test box was gone, and instead I was being shown the cup I had designed earlier.
  5. I checked the Hub->Data->Designs list and I now have two designs there that show the same content.
  6. Guessing that there is some error with file UID handling I closed Fusion 360 and reopened it again. This time neither of the "Unknown exception..." or the "PLM 360... 404" errors showed. 

Altogether I am happy I didn't lose the cup design I made, on the other hand if the test design I made was a "real" design it would have been less than great if it was just overwritten like the scenario above.

Please look into that and again thanks for resolving the other issue so quickly.

Message 9 of 16
cptwinder
in reply to: ilarsson

I am now having this issue. I'm running OS X 10.9 and Fusion client 1.8.679. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Message 10 of 16
bob_holland
in reply to: cptwinder

cptwinder,

Can you please tell me the exact error message that you are receiving.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 11 of 16
cptwinder

I can't find the edit button anywhere anymore and when I attempt to create
a new design the following error flashes:

Xdio subType(design/simulation) is either empty or null

Also if I go into my "My First Group" it puts GUEST under my profile
picture.

Before this happened, I was working on a design and closed my laptop
without closing Fusion 360. The batteries died so it had to start up from a
full sleep. When I attempted to access the Fusion window I had to "Force
Quit".

I have since uninstalled, searched my filesystem for anything Autodesk
related, removed them and reinstalled.

Thank you for your help.

--
Jeremy - Columbus, GA USA
Message 12 of 16
bob_holland

cptwinder,

We think we found and resolved an issue with your Fusion account.

Please try it again and let us know.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 13 of 16
cptwinder

That fixed it. Thank you!!

Was it caused by what I did? How can I prevent it in the future?

Thank you again!!

--
Jeremy - Columbus, GA USA
Message 14 of 16
rnl9t

I, too am having the:
Xdio subType(design/simulation) is either empty or null

Error when I try to create files (and can't edit preexisting ones, either).

Thanks for any help.

Message 15 of 16
cybie

I'm unable to open existing designs in my account or create new designs.

The button or option to open an existing design does not seem to exist.

When I try to create a new design I get the following error: "Xdio subType(design/simulation) is either empty or null"

I'm running OSX 10.8.5, Fusion360 v.1.8.679

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the instructions in the forums with no luck.

Message 16 of 16
AndrewSears
in reply to: cybie

The servers were down for maintenance.  You should have access to your data now.

Andy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report