I hadn't used fusion 360 for about 2 months, and when I first opened it again today I had to download and install the update.
After doing that, I tried to edit files but the Fusion UI would never pop up. Then I tried creating one to test what was going on,
and I'm unable to do it aswell, the only clue I have is this message you can see in the image at the bottom.
OS is Windows 7 64-bit
I also tried a clean install following the instructions given on the forum on cache clearing.
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.
Sorry that you're having this issue. Would you please share your account name with us so we can take a further look. Email me at: LiangDOTLiu@autodesk@com or give a private message please.
Fusion QA Team
Could your previous version been a beta version?
This thread will guide you through how to uninstall the beta version.http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion
If you think that you previous version might have been beta, I would suggest that you try this then re-download.
Please send us an update when you have an opportunity.
I have the same problem as Andres is describing. I get the same error message "Xdio subtype(design/simulation) is either empty or null".
Additionally, when starting the Fusion 360 application I get another error message "PLM 360 operation failed : 500".
I am running Fusion 360 version 1.8.674 on OS X 10.8.5. I have tried uninstalling Fusion 360 and then reinstalling it, but the same problem remains.
Please advise on how to resolve this.
Many thanks in advance!
It's working now!
The difference I saw, was that a few seconds after loging in,
some indicators on 'how to create and import files' and a confirmation button pop up.
After that "Design / Import" tabs appear once again and I can flawlessly access the application.
Was that stage missing somehow?
Once again thanks for all the help!
Thanks for getting back on this quickly!
There are some things that work and some things that were revealed after you made the correction.
– The Hub now shows the Import tab, and it is possible to create a new design. There is no error "Xdio ..." as before.
What was revealed in the process:
– An error stating: "Unknown exception when uploading file Hand shaped cup.6f46df38-8e80-4d33-9935-c419d65f3083.f3d to your Autodesk 360 account. Please ensure network connectivity."
"Hand shaped cup" was a design I made the other day, and after getting the "Xdio ..." error, this design was not possible to open or edit. The preview was showing in the list, but clicking on it caused Fusion 360 to hang.
– An error stating "PLM 360 operation failed : 404"
So I did some more testing, guessing that somehow the application on my computer and the backend got out of sync due to the (resolved) "Xdio ..." issue. Here is what I did:
- Restarted the Fusion 360 application to make sure the same two new errors were still present. They were.
- Created a new design named "Test design" containing only a box with a fillet on one edge.
- Closed the "Test design" and checked the Hub. In the list I could then see both the "Test design" and the "Hand shaped cup" design.
- Clicked edit on the "Test design", and was quite surprised that now the actual design content was the "Hand shaped cup"! Yes, I also had to look three times... The test box was gone, and instead I was being shown the cup I had designed earlier.
- I checked the Hub->Data->Designs list and I now have two designs there that show the same content.
- Guessing that there is some error with file UID handling I closed Fusion 360 and reopened it again. This time neither of the "Unknown exception..." or the "PLM 360... 404" errors showed.
Altogether I am happy I didn't lose the cup design I made, on the other hand if the test design I made was a "real" design it would have been less than great if it was just overwritten like the scenario above.
Please look into that and again thanks for resolving the other issue so quickly.