Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't insert model after update

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
abefetterman
457 Views, 6 Replies

Can't insert model after update

After updating to 2.0.1144, I can no longer find any of my files on the assemble > insert menu. Searching my files on the dashboard also always returns no results.

In addition, I'm surprised assemblies don't update parts automatically when they are changed, and there doesn't seem to be a way to update them manually.

It would be really nice to be able to put parts together again. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mikegem
in reply to: abefetterman

I'm having this problem also. Have tried to insert a component from a design that is definitely within my designated project and F360 can't find it. Same problem when I tell it to look in all my projects, it doesn't find it.

Message 3 of 7
AndrewSears
in reply to: mikegem

We are aware of this issue and working on a solution now.

Regards,

Andy 

Message 4 of 7
sanjay_jayabal
in reply to: mikegem

We have added improved Viewing and Search with this release whereby your design can be searched in the Viewer for things like materials, component names in the case of assemblies, etc.  As a result of this, all existing customer data in Production needs to undergo migration as well as indexing for Search to work correctly.  Unfortunately we cannot do this prior to releasing the software because of dependencies in back-end (services) that need to be compatible with the front (Client) to support this change.  We did start this process yesterday once we released, but hit a snag that had to be solved first before we could continue.  The team has been actively working on correcting the snag and getting this process going again.  We will certainly provide an update once that is in process.  Please accept our apologies for the delay in completing this step.

In the meantime, any new data that you create should show up in Insert (which uses the Search pipeline).  Do post if you are not seeing that.

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 5 of 7

This is in progress now, can you re-check to see if your data is starting to get populated in the Insert dialog?  The job is not finished, so it is possible that some of you may still not see this.

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 6 of 7
mikegem
in reply to: sanjay_jayabal

All my prior designs are now visible. Tnx!
Message 7 of 7

My designs are available now, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report