Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTENTION: F360 is WORKING FOR ME!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tdtwohy
740 Views, 4 Replies

ATTENTION: F360 is WORKING FOR ME!

You read right.

Although there are desires unfulfilled (still working on a successful text/logo workflow) in general, Fusion 360 WORKS for me!

I have had great success modeling, Printing on the San Jose TechShop's MakerBot™ Replicator 2® the required masters and (with much sanding and finish work) for molding and casting rubber parts!

Sadly, I can show you how it works or anything... the product doesn't even don't look like much, but I'm so happy to be doing creative work for someone again... and I have AutoDesk to thank for the privilege of using their awesome software to bring my little 3D models to realization.

No training... Just access to the powerful software... that's the key it seems.

So... THANK YOU KINDLY, CARL!! 🙂

(and of course everyone who did all the work, great stuff!)

IMG_1683.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
schneik-adsk
in reply to: tdtwohy

Great news! Now don't stop keeping us honest 😉

Your feedback is helping us provide a better service and we apreciate that you are willing to work with us on the good and the bad.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 5
carl_bass

Thanks for the shout out to all the people doing the hard work and after using fusion for the last 4 hours, I know there is a lot more we can do.

Message 4 of 5
kat.ingalls

Fantastic news, Tom! As always, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for sharing 🙂 We know there were some bumps along the way. Thanks for sticking with us.

As an aside, if you haven't seen this yet, think this fits perfectly!

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
Message 5 of 5
tdtwohy
in reply to: kat.ingalls

Yup. Seen it, Kat my dear. Raw MakerBot parts are fun and useful... but when you finish them, it can be even more of a real-creation thrill. It looks more like what you made onscreen! 🙂

Even more to the point, I've been 3D printing for a while on other peoples pricey machines... the first was a Z-corp and couldn't make a doggone mold from that mess (gypsum... why god? why?).

I've also hand built models and I must admit, in many ways you get a better finish with hand building (I'm just slow and getting old)… Nevertheless I 've use more expensive 3-D printers and found great success with those.

But F360 and a MakerBot (or any filament printer) is so darn... personal. I LOVE IT!

In the past, the required software/hardware just cost too much... now I can make prints, sand and mold them up, cast in lots of cool "Smooth-on" products and the results are very good! Hell, I'm considering teaching 3D part Molding and casting at Techshop (an advanced workshop) to augment my regular class!

I just hope they keep F360 both affordable... and powerful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report