Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
boatman210
349 Views, 3 Replies

Workstation

Hello,

I am about to upgrade my workstation to possibly handle Alias and/or Showcase and I’m wondering if anybody is using 2 separate graphic cards for better results. I want to use 2x FX4000. Amongst other things I want to increase the image output resolution of any hardware rendering over 2 screens at 30" each. From memory Showcase could split the screens for larger images.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: boatman210

How much of a budget do you have to work with?

Message 3 of 4
boatman210
in reply to: pendean

Hey mate, I'm not really concerned about the price as the parts are really cheap at the moment. More interested in the workflow across multiple screens with the hardware shading in Alias & SC.

Cheers

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: boatman210

Sadly, throwing a bunch of 'components' together, even highly rated ones, has never been a guarantee of a final workable trouble-free Computer system.

So if money is no object (glad to hear it), provide everyone here with PC maker brands (Dell, Samsung, HP, whomever) that you feel are trustworthy in your own experience. if you wish to build your own, rattle off assemblies you've put together that have worked best for you so far (and why you chose the vid card named above, based on what?), at least everyone here will get a chance to keep items within your comfort zone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report