Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system requirements AutoCAD 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wlittle
729 Views, 3 Replies

system requirements AutoCAD 2012

I am going for a new computer and I am wondering what I should get. I have heard memory and video cards but I am having nothing but troubles on the computer I have. I do 3d modeling of vacuum trucks and trailers. I try to make them realistic, but am sure I am still considered fairly tame compared to some of the 3d pics I have seen. I use a lot of blocks as well. So far my biggest drawing is up at 20 mb's, and my current computer is about to blow up when I open it up. (Sarcasm, but close) If I am going to be getting a new computer, I need to know what I should get. Any ideas?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: wlittle

How much do you want to spend?

Does this include a new monitor, or monitors? If not, what do you have now?

Message 3 of 4
wlittle

I don't really have a budget, I work for a large oilfield company and has come up that we need to have a computer that works. I have read what AutoCAD recommends, but am finding that I am having nothing but problems. I can tell that AutoCAD has its problems, but can also tell that my current computer cannot keep up with AutoCAD. I have a 2.66ghz with an "updated" video card and 2 gigs of memory( I know- not enough). What I need is something that can do 3D drawings and not crash everytime I go to turn my drawing or run out of system memory. I try to make my drawings as acurate as possible, and my drawing size is getting large, but I need to be able to do these.

Message 4 of 4
GilesPhillips

There's a couple of threads on here that'll probably help you, or at least give you a steer in the right direction:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Hardware/Which-Key-board-and-mouse-for-AC-2012-LT/td-p/3347623/page/2

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Hardware/New-workstation-spec-for-comment/td-p/3338847

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report