Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup Questions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Thanx4AllDaFish
396 Views, 2 Replies

Startup Questions

I am doing research into setting up a video production/post production "studio" for the company I work for, and I have a few questions about Smoke, if anyone can answer. . .

I have experience using Adobe Premeire and Avid Media Composer software, but I haven't used either in some time, and I really haven't done anything editing related in probably 10 years.  

My questions:

1.)  How difficult is the Smoke interface to learn for someone with limited experience?

2.)  Other than the computer needing to be up to running the software, is there any additional hardware that would need to be purchased in order to run Smoke and what might it be called so I can start looking up costs?

3.)  Obviously, this is a Smoke forum, but I am looking for opinions on Smoke Vs Final Cut Pro X vs Avid Media Composer vs Adobe Premeire. . .  

4.)  Are there any decent basic training courses to getting started available online that are low cost or free?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Thanx4AllDaFish

this is not the smoke forum

the smoke forum is here: http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-smoke

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Thanx4AllDaFish
in reply to: DarrenP

Oops!  Thank you!  Moving my message over to there. . .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report