Hardware

Thanx4AllDaFish
Message 1 of 3 (162 Views)

Startup Questions

162 Views, 2 Replies
11-06-2012 02:58 PM

I am doing research into setting up a video production/post production "studio" for the company I work for, and I have a few questions about Smoke, if anyone can answer. . .

I have experience using Adobe Premeire and Avid Media Composer software, but I haven't used either in some time, and I really haven't done anything editing related in probably 10 years.  

My questions:

1.)  How difficult is the Smoke interface to learn for someone with limited experience?

2.)  Other than the computer needing to be up to running the software, is there any additional hardware that would need to be purchased in order to run Smoke and what might it be called so I can start looking up costs?

3.)  Obviously, this is a Smoke forum, but I am looking for opinions on Smoke Vs Final Cut Pro X vs Avid Media Composer vs Adobe Premeire. . .  

4.)  Are there any decent basic training courses to getting started available online that are low cost or free?

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 3 (152 Views)

Re: Startup Questions

11-07-2012 01:59 PM in reply to: Thanx4AllDaFish

this is not the smoke forum

the smoke forum is here: http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-smoke

Thanx4AllDaFish
Message 3 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: Startup Questions

11-08-2012 08:49 AM in reply to: DarrenP

Oops!  Thank you!  Moving my message over to there. . .

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.