Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT MEP 2012 Radeon HD 5450

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pstuart
1102 Views, 5 Replies

REVIT MEP 2012 Radeon HD 5450

Does REVIT MEP 2012 still support the Radeon HD 5450? My duct crossings are not displaying correctly and I have been told it could be a graphics card issue. The duct crossing displays correctly on REVIT MEP 2011 and 2013, but not on 2012. Below is what I posted in the REVIT forum:

Duct and pipe crossings are not displaying correctly. This is an issue that has only begun occuring with my REVIT MEP 2012. Everything works fine with 2011 and 2013. Everything works fine on another machine in our office with 2012.

First, when I zoom into ductwork or even equipment, you begin to see a black line that lines the interior of the duct. Only visible when zoomed close. At a duct crossing, the hidden line is displayed but there is no visible gap. Increasing the "inside gap" to 1/8" from 1/64" makes that "interior black line" fill the duct completely black. The "oustide gap" doesn't change anything. I've attached pictures of the 1/64" and 1/8" inside gaps displaying this "interior black line".

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2012. I have even uninstalled, searched for every folder named "Autodesk" and deleted any folder named REVIT MEP 2012. I have unistalled all the 2012 material libraries. Reinstalled everything fresh and the problem persists. 

Any ideas? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: pstuart

Hello

Just an idea : Have you patched your MEP 2012 with the SP2 ?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19684112&linkID=9240938

There is even a PostPatch, but I think you are not concerned :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20043349&linkID=9240938

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
pstuart
in reply to: braudpat

I didn't have sp2 installed but now I do. Problem still persists.

Keep in mind also this REVIT. (the above link was for autocad)

Message 4 of 6
braudpat

Hello

Oh Oh, I am sorry I was thinking about AutoCAD MEP 2012 !

Bye, Pat

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
pstuart

Turning off "use hardware acceleration" fixed my issue... So simple it took days to find.

Message 6 of 6
braudpat

Hello

If turning OFF the hardware acceleration solved your problem,

that means your graphic card driver is BAD for REVIT !

Bye, Pat

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report