Did you mean: 

quardo k2000/4000 question..pleaase help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
batsheva24
4766 Views, 4 Replies

quardo k2000/4000 question..pleaase help

Hi, my name is Liad.

i am working on maya 2012 and after effect as well as part of my softwares cocllection.

i would like to buy a quadro k2000 or quadro 4000. now, i know that the "k" series is the new graphic cards for 2000, 4000 and etc.... my only concern is about graphic card support. i saw on autodesk website that quadro k series hasn't been tested on maya 2012 and 2013 or tested but not supported. i dont know and this is my problem. so my question is: does quadro k series is approved for maya 2012 or 2013? is it ok if i sill buy the k2000 and use it on maya 2012? i dont want any support problem or what so ever....does someone knows? how could i know? 

thx...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: batsheva24

This card certified for Maya 2014.  So I suspect it will exceed requirements for the older versions even if it is not officially on the supported list.  Autodesk will not continually update the hardware support for older versions, so you will have to make a judgment call. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=123112&catID=18254205&id=18844534&product=9...

I would definitely make sure you run with a certified driver, either provided by the Autodesk test or the latest WHQL driver provided by nVidia.com.  Don't ever run it with a Microsoft compatible driver or the one factory installed from disc. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
RaoulM

Hello,

the best thing you can do is quite easy to send to the support a presales question for the real support of this card

for the 2012 version or find someone you can realy trust who is using this card in combination with the 2012 version.

Cheers

RaoulM 

Let the colors shine.
Message 4 of 5
batsheva24
in reply to: TravisNave

thx for the help!!

just 2 questions..

1)if i download the autodesk test driver do i need to download the driver from each software test (maya driver, 3dmax driver, soft image driver and etc...?) or it is the same driver for all the softwares?

2) when i opened nvidia website i checked quadro series - k2000 module. after then i encountered another open box titled: "download type| whice gives me several options to check. what is the different between all of the options and what do i need to check and download?

here is a picture of what i mean...

nvidia.png

thx..

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

I typically stick with the default on the pulldown.  Sometimes the pulldown will contain the certified Autodesk driver that is on the Autodesk hardware site.  No reason to get it here also.  Stick with the default and you should be good to go.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report