Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Workstation/Mac

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
448 Views, 0 Replies

New Workstation/Mac

Hi! I'm planning to buy a new workstation or an iMac for me and my sister. She uses Maya, Max and Adobe Creative Suite. I develop softwares. I've been going through hundreds of forums in the past few weeks but can't find some definite answers. I hope someone can help here.

I wish to buy the iMac 27-in model which comes with AMD Radeon HD 6970M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory. But I've heard there are a lot of issues with AMD Drivers as compared to NIVIDIA. So having second thoughts about the same.

I'm looking at other options like Dell XPS 8500 Desktop and T1650 Precision Workstation. The XPS comes with NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 graphics whereas there are a lot of options in T1650 of which I've selected NVIDIA Quadro 600.

Some users on forums of other websites have been saying that Quadro is not worth it's cost and GeForce gets the job done. Some have other views.

If any of you have used Maya on Mac and PC, please let me know about what I should buy..? The Precision workstation is a little out-of-budget and XPS has GeForce and no Quadro. I also need a Mac which means if I'm buying a workstation instead of an iMac, I'll be buying a Mac Mini with it.

I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about all these cards. Someone with good experience with these products, please let me know.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report