Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 6.5 and Nvidia Geforce graphics

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tony_dot_2000
593 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 6.5 and Nvidia Geforce graphics

Is there a fix to get Maya 6.5 and the Nvidia Geforce to work well together? Are there any recommended drivers to install? How can I tell if I already have the correct setup and drivers, and make any proper adjustments for better compatibility?

Stats:

Maya 6.5

Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit OS

2.00 GHz i7 CPU

Nvidia Geforce GTX (2GB)

ASUS Notebook G74Sx Series

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: tony_dot_2000

Your best bet is to go to nvidia.com and get a WHQL certified driver for your system and make sure you have all the updates for Maya. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: tony_dot_2000

Is this a second-generation i7?  I've seen a number of posts regarding problems with the video hardware built in to those processors conflicting with a dedicated video card.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 6
OMCUSNR
in reply to: dgorsman

Haven't had any problems with my I-5 2500 & the ASUS GTX card I have (Nvidia drivers).

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 5 of 6
tony_dot_2000
in reply to: dgorsman

I think the problem is specific to the "GeForce" brand of Nvidia video card. Yes, this is second generation I7 in my computer. What do you mean my "Yes, this is a signature line"??

Message 6 of 6
tony_dot_2000
in reply to: OMCUSNR

I think the problem is specific to the "GeForce" line if Nvidia cards. Seems to be built for "gamer specific" computers. Is your Nvivia a "GeForce" model?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report