Did you mean: 

Mapping problems when using Autostudio 2009 with a Cintiq and Dual screen

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CutmeatJoe
266 Views, 0 Replies

Mapping problems when using Autostudio 2009 with a Cintiq and Dual screen

good evening!
I'm on WinXP Professional SP3, with a 3.2 Athlon, a gig of RAM, a Geforce 7800 GS and am using Autostudio 2009 (SP1 I think).
I got an old Cintiq 15X (or X15?) and I have the current drivers from wacom (the release candidate, actually), plus a 19 inch flatscreen in a dual view setup with different resolutions, and the whole sketching, working and leisure thing works perfectly, except for when using Autostudio.

When I tap the (calibrated) cintiq with the stylus, the cursor will jump out of the screen (far out to the right), making actually working with it impossible. After hours and days of frustrating research, I found out that this is a kind of known issue if I read http://download.autodesk.com/us/aliasstudio/qualcharts/aliasstudio2009-win.htm#wacom correctly, and I would probably just switch to single screen view while sketching and accept the fact, IF...
yea, if the screen wouldn't work just like I wanted it to on occasions, like when I just reinstalled the Wacom drivers (after uninstalling them first) and haven't restarted yet. The problem here is of course that I get no pressure sensitivity. AFTER restarting though the cursor will start to jump again. Also when I tap first into the inactive Autodesk window, the cursor works correctly, only after having hereby activated the window (in the taskbar) it will start jumping (so it must be some kind of mapping or resolution problem in Autostudio that can't deal with the dualview).

I'm still hoping for some kind of workaround, an Autostudio config file I can manipulate, or an installation order that'll make stuff work. Does anyone experience the same issue?
In any case, thanks for reading,
greetings from Austria,

CMJoe

I have really invested a lot of time into this problem, all to no avail, but there isn't much to be found online, so I finally decided to ask in this forum. If this isn't the right place for that kind of question, maybe someone can point one out to me? This is really sucking the motivation to improve my portfolio after coming home from a long day of work right out of my soul... Edited by: CutmeatJoe on Mar 4, 2009 8:00 PM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report