cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
tsteele
1491 Views, 6 Replies

Leica Disto A6

Is anyone using a Leica Disto A6 (bluetooth model) with AutoCAD 2007 (or '05-06)? We bought one yesterday to try out and see how it interfaces. I have some questions:

1. I seem to only be able to use the 0.00' unit of measurement on the disto which computes to 0.00 units in AutoCAD. To make the plan useful to us, we need to be able to measure in arch units. To do this, we obviously have to scale everything up 12x. Is there a way for AutoCAD to recognize the ' symbol from the disto? Or for that matter, for the disto to include the ' symbol in lieu of 'ft" when the unit radio button is checked?

2. The literature claims that the disto can control your cursor in AutoCAD by using the 2nd key button which invokes the cursor keys on the disto? How do it work? I've messed with it a little but cannot seem to make it work. Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure there will be more questions as we get into using this machine. I love the disto's but this is the first we've used with AutoCAD.

Todd Steele
archimania
memphis, tn
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: tsteele

Try http://www.givemepower.de/sitemaster3_pro.html

wrote in message news:5542744@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is anyone using a Leica Disto A6 (bluetooth model) with AutoCAD 2007 (or
'05-06)? We bought one yesterday to try out and see how it interfaces. I
have some questions:

1. I seem to only be able to use the 0.00' unit of measurement on the disto
which computes to 0.00 units in AutoCAD. To make the plan useful to us, we
need to be able to measure in arch units. To do this, we obviously have to
scale everything up 12x. Is there a way for AutoCAD to recognize the '
symbol from the disto? Or for that matter, for the disto to include the '
symbol in lieu of 'ft" when the unit radio button is checked?

2. The literature claims that the disto can control your cursor in AutoCAD
by using the 2nd key button which invokes the cursor keys on the disto? How
do it work? I've messed with it a little but cannot seem to make it work.
Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure there will be more questions as we get
into using this machine. I love the disto's but this is the first we've used
with AutoCAD.

Todd Steele
archimania
memphis, tn
Message 3 of 7
JAID

Replying ot a very old post here but some will have used by now.

We have a Disto D8. We don't use AutoCAD.

The bluetooth D8 comes with a software plug-in for AutoCAD and Briscad. Have any used it.

I am wondering whether use of the plug-in is good compared with some of the other measurer software offerings like SiteMaster, MiniPlan and Apex Nexus. If it is there would be an advantage in having AutoCAD (or probably LIte) for its better preparation for our own CAD application and general use.

If it's control is as basic as say that PlusDraw software that was packaged with the Disto PLUS we had until getting the D8 then we wouldn't bother and would get a dedicated tool instead..

Look forward to hearing any experience with the Plug-in or any recommendation on dedicated measurer software, I have no experience with either. Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
brianmcurran

Hi All,

To add on to the last comment... If anyone knows of a tablet pc floor plan drafting software that can later be saved in dwg format, then PLEASE let me know. You could respond here, or directly to me at brian at draftingservices . com.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Brian M. Curran
Message 5 of 7
apopenha

Please,if anybody can help me.

I have broken the door of batteries  of my leica Disto A6.

I just need to buy one. I  gave contacted the Geosystems, but  without result.

Thanks for your attention.

AGUINALDO

Message 6 of 7
Joeldrafter
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm using now a leica D2 , its working very good and accurate , I want to buy  a new distance measure devise  that works directly with cad, so in that way I could take measurement of buildings and on site draw the as built drawings into cad , so it will save time and it will be more accurate

If anyone knows what modal of leaser measure device , and what plugins has to be downloded etc, please reply.

Joel

www.asbuiltplans.net

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 7 of 7
tbuss

Hello -

I am also trying to find out if the Disto 8 works with AutoCAD ws.

I have a rep from Leica Disto coming out to demo the product next week.

We here are trying to cut a step out of the Project manager going to the site - Writing with pencil and paper the measurements and faxing them to me.

I have found this you tube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9ndZ63eEA&feature=related = Watch at about 9:30 they demo what it can do.

It is not an Autodesk software product, but I will watch the demo from Leica and bring this video up in the presentation.

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report