Laptop Spec

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gjshen
2375 Views, 5 Replies

Laptop Spec

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new laptop to run AutoCAD 2012 or 2013. Cost is not a factor right now but I am hoping to keep it under 3.5k. Does anyone have any suggestion?

FYI: I was looking at the Dell XPS series.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: gjshen

Dell is an excellent choice, but you might want to look at the Dell Precision Mobile Workstations rather than the XPS, which is more of a video game machine than a production machine.  As long as your stats exceed the recommended requirements for AutoCAD, you should be set.  Your price range will be no problem. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
gjshen
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks that gives me a starting point.

Message 4 of 6
jeff0204

I just purchased AutoCAD LT 2012. My Dell laptop is a 32 bit and the install requires 64 bit. Does anyone know of a way to install without my having to purhase a new computer? Any help would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: jeff0204

AutoCAD LT 2012 comes in a 32-bit install.  Download and install it instead and you should be fine. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
stevesmart

Have you considered a Mac? The Dell XPS is a very powerful machine, though. And you could always run Windows on a Mac.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report