Did you mean: 

Laptop for AutoCAD

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
479 Views, 6 Replies

Laptop for AutoCAD

Good Day,
I am seeking advice on the purchase of a laptop that I could use for AutoCAD 2010 (2D drawing only) but with a very limited budget 0f $800 - $900, possibly $1000 at a very hard push. I have searched the various suppliers in Europe and have basically found five potential products within my price range. I would be most grateful if you could view the attached Excel file and give me feedback on your opinions. Any help will be very much appreciated. Edited by: johnwilliams4137 on Nov 3, 2009 4:21 PM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are there any visitors to this site able to assist me? I was hoping there would be a hardware boffin out there who could help?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Search here instead of waiting, then see if the recommendations match your
budget and specs. Your budget and it's choices are limited.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Dean, web site had lots of tips and tricks, certainly a site I will have to visit again soon but it couldn't help me. Unfortunately I am not a hardware boffin, if I am told this PC has 2GB RAM and this one has 4GB or this monitor is 15" and this one is 17" it makes sense to me. However if I am told this is a P1000 chip and this is a T1000 chip or this has a GT video card and this has a Super card it would mean nothing. I was hoping someone would see the basic options I have and say something like go for the 17" monitor but get this vidoe card, etc. Anyway, thanks for your input, I will certainly be visiting your web site again soon.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

No, not the Autodesk website or my site, this discussion area right here
where you are posting, your fellow peers discussing laptops and desktop
choices. Limit your search and explore.

As for 15" vs. 17", have you never sat in front of either size and worked
before? 2-seconds will make your mind up.

RAM choices are also discussed here as part of your search, just dive in.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

John,

Nothing under a 17" monitor - period!

If it's a new system, get it with Win7 64bit OS w/ 4gig of ram. Most everything else will work for a new seat of 2d ACAD 2010, and that should put you right at $900 USD. A low end "gamer" is good.

Reid
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Add in discrete graphics. Intel graphics suck.

omc-usnr wrote:
> John,
>
> Nothing under a 17" monitor - period!
>
> If it's a new system, get it with Win7 64bit OS w/ 4gig of ram. Most everything else will work for a new seat of 2d ACAD 2010, and that should put you right at $900 USD. A low end "gamer" is good.
>
> Reid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report