Did you mean: 

Laptop - Dell or Lenovo

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
BigDork
4316 Views, 8 Replies

Laptop - Dell or Lenovo

Which do you prefer/recommend? 

We are using Dell w/ AutoCAD 2005 right now. I'm going to upgrade to the latest AutoCAD and purchase new laptops. Dell has been hit and miss for me in the past. Is Lenovo any better for AutoCAD software?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: BigDork

Stick with a Dell preferred system like Dell Precision Mobile Workstation. 

Here's a link to the Dell Advisor for Autodesk products.:

http://advisors.dell.com/advisorweb/Solution.aspx?Advisor=6eb02850-6fea-4d68-b859-bd5fbc70d44a-00d00...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
chadodos
in reply to: TravisNave

Tnx for the info!!

Message 4 of 9
BigDork

Thanks for the reply

Message 5 of 9
lucasbowen

I notice that only DELL and Lenovo are mentioned as LTs to choose between but what are the takers' opinion about HP & Toshiba (many HP's in our team, a few Toshiba's) - or are we simply brand-neutral as long as min specs are ok?

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: lucasbowen

Really, all of those brands have recommended models.  You can find a list of recommended brands here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=system&produc...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9
dgorsman

I'm a little disappointed at the selection in the recommended systems - Xeon processors everywhere.  I suppose thats due to the fact  those are the only systems with recommended/workstation video cards.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 9
lucasbowen
in reply to: BigDork

Thanks you very much for your fast reply n advice!

Message 9 of 9
tobycarey

I agree! Dell Precision Mobile Workstation is the best! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report