Hardware (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good CPU setup for Revit 2012?

2 REPLIES 2
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwgatti
in reply to: cwgatti

I will be using Architecture 2012 as well......

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: cwgatti

The specs on the hard drive are not good.  You need a SATA 6.0 HD.  I'd spec a Western Digital Velociraptor.  You also don't need a Terabyte of storage, unless you're going to use that blu-ray writer to download & print DVD movies.  This is a work machine and Blu-ray is not necessarry for work is it?  You might look into the biggest SSD you can find for the primary drive & go with a smaller, faster HD for storage if speed is really a factor for you.

The CPU & graphics card are good bets.  The power supply is sortta marginal, but would probably work.  Take a look at my sig.  With a tower case, 650W ps, card reader & plain DVD burner, I got the parts from newegg & put it together in about an hour for just under $1400.  I went with the I-5 instead of I-7 'cause I felt it was a slightly better bang for the buck.  I don't do much rendering, so I didn't go with a high end graphics card w/ lotsa Vram.  It's just a middle of the road card.

I'd definatly look at Xi or Alienware over Dell or HP.  I'd also seriously look at a local builder / comp store.  You can get what you want & not what corporate wants to sell you as a bundle.  The hard drive is a big one where you don't know what you're getting, and it's the component most likely to fail, and the biggest speed clog.

Reid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report