Did you mean: 

Graphic Cards and PC Advice

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Quanta14189
2418 Views, 1 Reply

Graphic Cards and PC Advice

Hello Everybody,

I have a question regarding PC’s and graphics cards.  Currently, I am using AutoCAD 2012 LT, a student version of Revit Architecture 2010, and Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5.  In my home we have two computers, one for me and one for my wife.  The computer I am currently running the programs mentioned is an HP Pavilion p7-1226s PC (see attached for specs) with an upgraded AMD Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3 graphics card.  The other PC is a bit newer and is an HP Pavilion p7-1298cb (see attached for specs).  I am thinking of swapping computers and using the newer HP p7-1298cb.  I am not a computer expert and would like to know if this is a wise choice.  I know this question may seem silly. In my opinion, it makes perfect sense to use the new p7-1298cb. Also, I am not sure which graphics cards are better.  Can anyone tell me if would be a wise choice to switch machines.  Thanks you in advance for the help!

Quanta14189

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Quanta14189

I don't thing the graphics card is what will show you better performance, but almost everything else on the new system will help for sure.

Keep in mind that I am not talking day-vs-night differences, but more like a low output four-cylinder vs a higher output four-cylinder engine. Enjoy the ride.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report