Hardware

tridentrw
Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)
Accepted Solution

does the size of the motherboard matter?

299 Views, 1 Replies
08-20-2011 12:31 PM

looking for a new pc to run autocad2012, i7 2600 seem to give enought juice for evrything and for a 3-4 years sure, i don't thinck going with less than brand new quadro 600 1gb w/ 8gbram 1333 and p/s of 550watts 

thats for some of the component but the motherboard giving me ''headack' for that kind of processeur that easy its the 1155 socket with a p67 chipset  but does the size matter?

micro ATX vs. ATX ??

anyone!!!

I went with an ATX style.  You need a bigger case, but it allows easier access to stuff.  A smaller micro ATX may limit how big a graphics card you can fit in too.  (Mine needed 2 slots).  The unavailability of an ASUS in the ATX size and the model # I wanted at the time forced me to use a MCI board, but I'm as happy with it as I would have been with the ASUS.

Reid

Distinguished Mentor
OMCUSNR
Message 2 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: does the size of the motherboard matter?

08-21-2011 08:35 PM in reply to: tridentrw

I went with an ATX style.  You need a bigger case, but it allows easier access to stuff.  A smaller micro ATX may limit how big a graphics card you can fit in too.  (Mine needed 2 slots).  The unavailability of an ASUS in the ATX size and the model # I wanted at the time forced me to use a MCI board, but I'm as happy with it as I would have been with the ASUS.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.