Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD on virtual PC

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
5698 Views, 21 Replies

AutoCAD on virtual PC

Anyone run AutoCAD in a virtual PC environment? I am being asked by my I.T.
department to run AutoCAD (25+/- users) via virtual PC so we don't have to
spend the money on CAD workstations.
Any feedback?
Thanks in advance.

Greg Hubers
CAD Systems Manager
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
sreeniv9
in reply to: dgrayson

Hi,

I was just wondering if you were able to find a solution to virtualize AUTOCAD environment! Kindly, drop a note on www.myworlddesk.com if you haven't. There is a virtual solution that fits your budget.

Message 22 of 22
RaoulM
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello to all and Greg,

if their is no money for new hardware, in a company with more then 10.000 employes, but the managers are driving a mercedes benz like in the good old gone times, perhaps something else should be wrong and virtualisation is not the solution for this well known problem.

In normal cases not the IT division is asking for doing this crap, in normal cases the management is asking for having those lasy option. Than they are thinking your company is offering all the work for less and get more orders.

If one single workstation fails, one men has no job for this day, if the vm machine fails all peoples have no job and nothing to do.

Ok we are during a world crysis and all peoples have to safe their money, but in my poor optionion this is not a problem that can be solved, by choosing, a by the autodesk´s eula prohibited optinon or way.

What should happens if we all use facebook to organize a big, fat party with the main meeting point directly in the main lobby of your company. I tell my peoples, we are going to use your work for free and discuss it in the main entrance lobby from your company or in the forum. If anybody asks me why I am doing this, what should I answer him? We are during a world wide crysis and have to safe money? Or should I plain tell them it is cheaper to use their work for free.

Why you don´t whait for something like AutoDesk 360, all in the Cloud, it´s so colourful, it is so easy, so funny and so cheap!!! It would be great to be an unvisible spion and see the messy running and crying crowd in your management floor, what is going on if the project deadline is coming near to you, because the Internet connect is not working!!!

First you use it in the vm, then you use it without a license and then this will be comes to be normal for all companies

please tell me that this is not really your real meaning.

Greatings from from good old Germany  

RaoulM

Let the colors shine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report