Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 having problems communicating with printer - hp K8600

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rbase
584 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 having problems communicating with printer - hp K8600

We currently have a number of hp printers, all of which have previously communicated perfectly with our AutoCAD software.  However since upgrading to AutoCAD 2011 it has become painfully slow to ‘plot’ to the printer where as the ‘publish’ feature works fine.  All other programs, including AutoCAD 2008 still print happily to the K8600.

So far we have:

-         Ensured that we have the up to date driver for the printer.

-         Taken the printer off the network and tried running it locally

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

King regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: rbase

Do you have BACKGROUND plotting turned on in OPTIONS?

Did you "migrate" from R2008 during or after R2011's installation?

Did anything else change with the upgrade, like new PCs running Win7 or new Server got installed etc?

Are you plotting to a System driver direct, or through a PC3 file? If through a PC3 file, have you tried plotting direct to the system driver instead (you know, like the other programs on your PCs do)?

Windows version?
System driver being used?

Message 3 of 6
rbase

Hi Pendean,

Many thanks for your reply.  In response to your questions:

- Yes we do have ‘background’ plotting turned on so perhaps AutoCAD is having the same problems communicating with our printer and we’re just less aware of it. 

- No we haven’t migrated our settings from R2008 and are reluctant to do so until we know exactly which setting we would need to migrate.

- No we didn’t change anything else with the upgrade.

- We are working with Windows XP.

-         As for the System Driver and PC3 file, I have limited understanding as I’m not particularly technically minded, however I understand that we are not plotting through a PC3 file.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Turn off background plotting and publishing, and see if your issue goes away.

Message 5 of 6
rbase
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your suggestion.  However I tried this when the problem first arose and sadly does not solve our problem.

Kind regards,

Message 6 of 6
kodiak322009

Since you have multiple computers and we have 15+ at school what we have done is have one computer set a print server and seeing the K8600 localy and we shared the printer over the network and this works fine for 15 + computers. by having so many computers seeing the printer at once maybe itts having problems with signal being crossed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report