Did you mean: 

AMD v4900 Certified Drivers and Performance Tuner

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gbaker3
4787 Views, 6 Replies

AMD v4900 Certified Drivers and Performance Tuner

Hello,

I am currently running AutoCAD 2014 on a Windows 7 machine with an AMD v4900 graphics card. Although this is more of an annoyance than a serious problem, I cannot seem to get the performance tuner to recognize the certified status of the video card even with the latest certified driver. This driver was downloaded directly from the Autodesk website and was said to be certified.

The graphics card and driver database appears to be up to date. When I view the tune log it does not show a date of last tune, and it also shows a driver version that doesn't correspond to the one I am using.

Has anyone else had this problem and been successful in fixing it? It would just be nice if I could get AutoCAD to recognize that I have certified hardware since I went to the trouble of giving it the certified hardware and corresponding drivers. Attached is the tuner log.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: gbaker3

Restart AutoCAD and your PC yet?
Are you sure you have the exact model the tuned driver is designed for? That's usually why it doesn't work, a missed digit or mobile variant or wrong AutoCAD version (is R2014 actually listed?).

Message 3 of 7
gbaker3
in reply to: pendean

Both the computer and AutoCAD have been restarted. It is the driver suggested for my video card model on the Autodesk certified drivers site. I have also tried running AutoCAD as administrator. I tried searching to see if there is a command to force AutoCAD to rerun the performance tuner which I believe would make it "see" the proper driver version.

Before this driver version I was using a non-certified driver with AutoCAD as the one that was posted on the Autodesk site caused display corruption for some reason. Recently there was the pop-up informing me there was a newer driver available so I figured I would give it a try. No display corruption this time, but no certified status either. I completely uninstalled the previous driver, and can AMD's driver cleanup utility as well.

(Just saw your edit, yes R2014 is now listed)

Message 4 of 7
stevev0983

Typical in that Autocad just can't seem to understand itself. I have an AMD W5000 card with the latest certified driver from the Autodesk web site and the performace log says it is not certified.

Just try not to be too concerned over it because the fact that it won't recognize it really means nothing.

I've used a V4900 in the past with Autocad and it works great.

Message 5 of 7
gbaker3
in reply to: stevev0983

I agree, the software works fine without it being recognized as certified. However it's a loose end, and that sort of thing drives me crazy. I just thought maybe it's something small that I've overlooked and perhaps someone else had figured out.

Message 6 of 7
dgorsman

The hardware certification is local-only and doesn't update itself.  When it says "not certified" its only telling you its not in its list, which may be out of date.  As long as its working, then its a non-issue.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: dgorsman

Yep, it's just a list, and not a well kept list IMO.  Some years ago, I had a "certified" card that the tune log wouldn't identify as "certified" so I just edited the file Smiley Tongue Of course it didn't make the card work any better, or any worse, but somehow I felt better about the price I paid for it... Smiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report