Hardware (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adequate laptop for Autocad or Architecture?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jmouton
1388 Views, 4 Replies

adequate laptop for Autocad or Architecture?

This probably a little late since I already ordered the laptop, but...

It's an HP Pavilion dv7t series

17.3" screen

i5 580M processor

1gb ATI Mobility Radeon hd 5650

8gb ddr3

640gb 7200rpm

I've read some complaints about the ATI graphics cards. I don't plan on doing much 3d, but it is a possibility. I will be using either AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture. Is the graphics card situation serious enough to warrant canceling my order? If so, any suggestions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: jmouton

Your choice is "adequate": you did not not versions of AutoCAD or Windows or 32bit/64bit though, an incomplete posting.

Message 3 of 5
jmouton

My apologies for leaving out some vital data. I should be running AutoCAD or Architecture 2011 and Windows 7 64 bit.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

One of the biggest problems with the current generation of graphics processor is that they are designed to optimize 3d rendering in games since that is where having the fastest chip that renders the best image gets picked in reviews. The designers assume that simple line drawings are not significant and the net result is fast chips that perform poorly in Cad and general windows screen generation.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm using a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 on a Sony Viao with 4G Ram, 500G HD, AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2.20 GHz, Win 7, 64 bit, and have only had one or 2 problems so far with some 3D stuff in Revit...

Other than its a tad slow at load up, I have no issues with mine. Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report