Hardware

floragibb
Message 1 of 3 (1,182 Views)

3ds Max on an imac i7??

1182 Views, 2 Replies
09-29-2012 08:27 AM

HI,

I am considering purchasing an imac with 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM and a 1TB Serial ATA Hard Drive.
I’m a 3rd year doing interior design so I want to use 3ds max, photoshop, cad etc on it.

Obviously the mac people are going to tell me that running 3ds max on it will be fine (whatever that really means). So in terms of rendering times how quick and sufficient are we talking? (supposing i’m not creating some mega multiplex building, i’m a 3rd year and fairly new to 3ds Max)

Also what will help it to run more efficiently, a bootcamp partition for windows or running it parallel?

Would hugely appreciate any help, as I am getting very mixed opinions.
Thanks

Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 3 (1,176 Views)

Re: 3ds Max on an imac i7??

09-29-2012 11:40 AM in reply to: floragibb

You might also find answers in the 3dsMax forum on the Area.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 3 (1,160 Views)

Re: 3ds Max on an imac i7??

10-01-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: floragibb

3DSMax really needs a quality video card that can keep up: what kind of video card comes on a iMAC?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.