Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Project Template for Heating Only

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jonthanraysmith
457 Views, 3 Replies

Using Project Template for Heating Only

GBS Forum:

I am attempting to create a heating only simulation by changing the project defaults with a project template, but my results have no change in the orginal simulation output.

In the project template I've set:

Spaces Tab>Parameter = Condition Type,Value = Heated, Criteria = Always

HVAC&DHW Tab > Parameter = HVAC Equipment, Value = Unit Heater

I apply the project template. Then reload the GBXML file exported from REVIT to the GBS project. GBS re-runs the simulation. I comfirmed that the template name is indicated in the "Energy and Carbon Results" Tab. The total annual energy use has not changed from the previous result. The "Building Detail" Tab Base Run Air Equipment is unchanged.

Can GBS simulate a model with a heating only system, or are all simulations run with heating and cooling?

Jonathan R. Smith

AIA LEED®AP CEM®

Senior Associate

CSArch

Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management

40 Beaver Street, Albany, New York 12207

P  518.463.8068 x256         F  518.463.8069

www.csarchpc.com

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

When you export a Mass Model gbXML file from Revit and upload it directly to GBS through the GBS website, HVAC template settings are applied. However; when you run an energy simulation directly from Revit the GBS HVAC template settings are overridden by the default HVAC settings in Revit (Analyze tab>Energy Analysis tab>Energy Settings). Our apologies that this workflow is not adequately documented.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4

I am using a component model, not mass. The HVAC project template had no effect on a gbxml model uploaded from my desktop. The project template was applied to an a project default created from a Revit upload. The same Revit model was used to export a gbxml that was re-loaded after the project template had been applied.

Jonathan R. Smith
AIA LEED(r)AP CEM(r)
Senior Associate

CSArch
Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management
40 Beaver Street, Albany, New York 12207
P 518.463.8068 x256 F 518.463.8069
www.csarchpc.com
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the clarification. When a detailed model gbXML file is exported without selecting the Include Thermal Properties option in the file export dialog box, and uploaded directly to GBS, HVAC template settings are applied. But when including thermal properties in the xml file export the HVAC template settings in GBS are overriden by the HVAC settings in the exported xml file.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report