Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to log in into GBS

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
la.des
2261 Views, 8 Replies

unable to log in into GBS

Hi,

I have the same problem like others here
When I log in in Green Buiding Studio Desktop 2010, I get the following
error message: "Lenght cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length".
What is the problem?
Please help me!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
john.de.leeuw
in reply to: la.des

Hi Laura,

There is definitely a big problem with the new GBS Desktop Client 2010. I'm having the same problem and am communicating with GBS support/developers since April 21st. No solution yet however

Regards,
John
Message 3 of 9
mstein7484

Our apologies for the frustrations. FYI, many Green Building Studio issues are discussed in the Knowledge Base. www.autodesk.com/ecotect-analysis-support.

For this particular error with the Green Building Studio Desktop Client.

1. Did you download the new client (posted on April 2, 2010)? The old clients no longer work.
2. Are you using the correct login credentials? As of April 2, 2010, Green Building Studio integrated with Autodesk Single Sign On, the authentication system. You should have received your new login information from us as that time. Check your spam folder if you don't see the email.
3. Are able to log directly into Green Building Studio, but not the Desktop Client? www.greenbuildingstudio.com

4. If yes, please make sure the time clock on your computer is synchronized with an internet time server.

This article covers how to synchronize your computer clock if you are using Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_date_it_overview.mspx?mfr=true.
This article is for users of Windows Vista: http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/how-to-sync-vista-pc-with-an-internet-clock/
For computers using Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Set-the-clock
Windows 8 article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897

5. It may also be a firewall or proxy issue which is blocking you from receiving a reqeust Token back from the Green Building Studio servers. You may need to work with your IT department to verify if there is a firewall preventing you from logging in successfully.

Best Regards,
Marjorie Stein
Autodesk Green Building Studio Product Manager Edited by: mstein7484 on May 10, 2010 10:32 PM

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 4 of 9
2john6

Hi Marjorie,

I really think the Desktop Client needs a fix because I've tried all your solutions and none seem to resolve anything?

1. Yes, I downloaded and installed the new Desktop Client version 2010.1.0.0

2. Yes, I'm using the right login credentials and am a Software Coordinator for the subscription product. Also the GBS profile matches my Subscription profile.

3. Yes, I'm able to login directly into the GBS website at http://gbs.autodesk.com and No, I'm not able to use the Desktop Client to upload any gbXML file to my GBS Account since april 21st.

4. The time clock on my laptop is automatically synchronised by a domain network server. I've checked my time stamp against an internet time server and it matches perfectly. I also did a second try on another desktop pc using the new Desktop Client and it also fails while this Pc is not in the same domain.

5. I'm sure the Firewall isn't the problem also because I completely turned off my Windows Firewall and also put in an exception rule for the GBS Client.

Still experiencing the same error.

Please try and work out a solution soon!

Regards,
John
Message 5 of 9
2john6

Marjorie,

This might be a bright idea for you!

Why not add a gbXML upload method directly from within the GBS website? This way we can skip the Desktop Client altogether after logging into the webservice. This shouldn't be that difficult to implement I think and a user just needs an internet connection with a browser to access the service, no separate client.

Regards,
John
Message 6 of 9
remigijus

I have the same error and not off solutions mentioned by Marjorie helped me 😞
Message 7 of 9
gbs_subsuser1

Hello Everyone,
One of our developers has found more information on this bug.
As a temporary workaround, set your operating system Regional and Language Options (in the control panel) preference to English. We will be deploying a bug fix as soon as we can.

Again, our apologies for all of the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Marjorie Stein
Autodesk Green Building Studio Project Manager
Message 8 of 9
funkystyles

yes, same over here hope there will be a fix soon.

If i change my systemlanguage etc. still same probleme.

Does this alternative work for other users?

Message 9 of 9
mstein7484
in reply to: funkystyles

For all still experiencing a problem uploading gbXML files, please uninstall your current Green Building Studio Desktop client and log into our downloads page to install a new version. This should solve all upload issues.

www.greenbuildingstudio.com

Again our apologies for the frustration.

Best Regards,

Marjorie Stein

Product Manager, Sustainable Design 

Autodesk, Inc.

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report