Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about report

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
as123dfg
804 Views, 4 Replies

Some questions about report

Hi, 

I try to understand results from analyse in gbs. I also try to compare them with results from ecotect, because I would like to check is parameters which I set are correct. If can I chceck in gbs heating or cooling load? 

Other questions:

1. When my wall have 5cm isolation, gbs give me results, but if i have 20cm I receive message that wall is to thick or dense. If I give 15cm it is also correct. 

2. How gbs count Lifecycle Cost? I have annual energy kost 2845, and lifcycle cost 38750. If I multiply annual cost by 30 years it give me 85350. 

I attach my file.

Thanks for replies...

Patryk Kołun

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: as123dfg

Hi,

If you are using Revit to send the run to GBS you can go to Results and Compare on Analyze tab and find your project and see the monthly heating and cooling load for your project.

R and C Loads.png

If you are using GBS websit and uploading a gbXML file to the GBS directly, you can use project solon to create the same type of graph. If you use Project Solon, you will have more options to interact with the chart (You can more infor on Project Solon on BPA Help - Let me know if you have any question on this process.)

Solon-Cooling loads.png

Other questions:

1. When my wall have 5cm isolation, gbs give me results, but if i have 20cm I receive message that wall is to thick or dense. If I give 15cm it is also correct. 

GBS uses DOE2 as the backgroung engine and DOE2 had some limitations on the thikness of walls. That is why you recieve the notice when you increase the thikness above a specific range. 

2. How gbs count Lifecycle Cost? I have annual energy kost 2845, and lifcycle cost 38750. If I multiply annual cost by 30 years it give me 85350. 

GBS calculates lifecycle cost considering considering discount rate for cost. If you hover your mouse on the Assumptions below the window on GBS you can see this. If you see the Annual Energy Use it is simply multiplied by 30 to get and Lifecycle Energy use.

Discount Rate GBS.png

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 5
as123dfg
in reply to: Mohammad_Asl

Thank You for Your reply.

Now it seem to be clear.

Regards...
Message 4 of 5

Hi Mohammad,

I've just found your solution but still don't get it. 

You're right, to get the annual consumption the only thing you have to do is to multiply the annual value by 30 years.

But the point is the calculation of the LCC. Thats what the question was about. If you multiply the annual consumption costs by 30 as well you don't get the numbers. Even when I deduct the annual discount of 6,1%. 

11,354.00 $ x 0,939 = 10,661.41 $

10,661.41 $ x 30 = 319,842.18 $ LCC for whole energy consumption

Would be glad if you could help me.

Best regards,

Schlangenbanane

Message 5 of 5

Hi Schlangenbanane

Please see my reply regarding  LCC on this post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/energy-analysis/massive-fault-in-revit-energyanalysis-report-green-bui...

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report