Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self-shading wall and summer simulation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
falshiddi
335 Views, 2 Replies

self-shading wall and summer simulation

My thesis title is: PRE-CAST CONCRETE ENVELOPES IN HOT-HUMID CLIMATES / FINDING OPTIMAL ENVELOPES TO REDUCE COOLING LOAD AND ELECTRICAL CONSUMPTION

I want to run simulations on a single family multistory house located in hot-humid climate in many variables on its envelope. The house envelope‘s main material is precast concrete, and I will add and change the specifications of some other materials within the envelope itself. For example, aggregate type, insulation, exterior and interior wall finish, and the amount and thickness of all variables. Moreover, I tried to simulate self-shading and its impact on the envelope, but GBS could not give me different results on walls’ impact when I shade the wall. my questions are:

1. how to test self-shading?

2. how to get results for only summer?

Could you please advice me in how to change or add some envelopes' specifications to come up with useful results.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mra1242
in reply to: falshiddi

Hi,

1. how to test self-shading?

GBS does take self-shading into account automatically. The reason that you are not seeing any impacts when you shade the walls might because of  many other factors such as wall construction, orientation, etc., shading a wall without windows may not have much impact.

2. how to get results for only summer?

The best way to get results for summer only is to use Project Solon. Please find more information on project Solon here. Let me know if you need help using project Solon.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Message 3 of 3
falshiddi
in reply to: mra1242

Thank you Mohammed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report