Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room vs zone question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
krrp
1469 Views, 1 Reply

Room vs zone question

I recenlty ran several versions of a revit archetecure model through GBS and have results that created more questions on how to initially set up the model for future projects.

The first model was detailed with a completer set of rooms and ceiling heights as well as area and volume calculations of each. The GBS run indicates this model would have 6 HVAC zones with equal capacities.

My M.E. had figured there would be 6 zones in his calculations and I was impressed the GBS and he agreed on this, but they were not equal in SEER, Tons, ect. 

I read on into the GBS instructions that I was not to overcomplicate the model with all the rooms and create rooms that resembled the HVAC zones. So I deleted all the interior walls within each zone and created 6 (varing size) rooms for each of the HVAC systems and changed the ceiling heights to bottom of structure (since that is where the insulation is). This time the GBS run made 4 HVAC zones of equal capacity. Note: the overall sf, orietation, and shape of the building did not change with the deletion of interior walls.

My question is - should I ignore the instructions and include all interior spaces or is there a setting I missed that would provide hvac calcuations per the 6 zones I idenitfied as room names Zone 1, Zone 2, .........?

Is there a way (or setting) to create non equal HVAC zone calculations in GBS using the Revit Architecture model?

Mac-Pro late 2013, 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC, Two AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB,
Donated 147GB of hard-drive space to Virtual Machine running windoze 7, Autocad 2019, Revit 2019 Eagle Point, & Sokkia surveying software
Donated 10CPUs & 42GB of memory to Virtual Machine. Pegged virtual machine video memory at 2GB
Parallels Desktop for Mac - Version 14.1.2 (45479)
Mac OS X 10.14.5 (18F132)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
krrp
in reply to: krrp

I have not yet found a direct answer and figure the answer is NO and no settings exist to make unequal HVAC zones.

I a looking into the trace software to see if it is more usefull. 

Mac-Pro late 2013, 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC, Two AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB,
Donated 147GB of hard-drive space to Virtual Machine running windoze 7, Autocad 2019, Revit 2019 Eagle Point, & Sokkia surveying software
Donated 10CPUs & 42GB of memory to Virtual Machine. Pegged virtual machine video memory at 2GB
Parallels Desktop for Mac - Version 14.1.2 (45479)
Mac OS X 10.14.5 (18F132)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report