Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with uploading gbXML, says no roof object. please help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
amaraanet
749 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with uploading gbXML, says no roof object. please help

Hello? I am trying to do my first simulation in green building studio but facing some problem related to ROOF.

Problem display

It says

There are no roof surfaces in the gbXML file received by Green Building Studio.At least one roof surface must be present to perform meaningful energy analysis.

Note:  Typically this problem occurs when room or space objects are not properly defined in your Revit model. On the top floors of the model, the upper bounds of room or space objects should exceed the apexes of roof objects so that they fully enclose all roofs. See Using Green Building Studio with Revit Architecture and Revit MEP for helpful details on room and space objects. To inspect the analytical model of the gbXML file in Revit 2010, click Export > gbXML on the Revit application menu and explore the details tab.

However I've tried a lot of different roof and even connected my walls to the roof on revit. There is no problem with exporting gbXML from revit and everything seems fine.

walls connected to the roof

and the files are attached below. Thank you very much for your help 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: amaraanet

Hi,

Try this: Go to the up top level in your model and select a room. check if the Level, Upper Level, Limit Offset, and Base Offse are set correctly. In order to double check if the room is defined fine and it is attaching the cieling, crate a section in your model and in the section view Visibility and Graphics make the rooms visible.

Then check if the room is connectng to its bounding surfaces from all direction.  Check the image below that shows how you need to set the rooms.

Capture.PNG  

Do this for all rooms and test to export gbXML. 

Also, You can check this when you are exporting gbXML file.

Capture2.PNG

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
amaraanet
in reply to: Mohammad_Asl

Thank you very much Mohammed!
It works now 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report