Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Energy Savings Report - blank

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
393-85362436
1354 Views, 13 Replies

Potential Energy Savings Report - blank

For one of my projects the Potential Energy Savings Report comes up blank every time I try to look at it. It pops up but then no information is displayed, all of the runs are completed and there are no errors. It still displays for other projects though. Has anyone else experienced this and/or have any solutions?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mra1242
in reply to: 393-85362436

There is an update on the Potential Energy Savings Chart. Potential Energy Savings Chart does not get generated when a run is submitted from Revit. It does get generated when a gbxml is submitted to GBS web. Instead you can use the similar chart with the sam efunctionality that is generated in Project Solon Energy Cost Dashboard and assign the public dashboard assignable to Revit in Solon. Please see the video on how to assign a Public Runset to the dashboard. 

If you are using it for Building Performance Analysis Certificate (BPAC): The Potential Energy Savings Chart will be activated back for you to be able to finish the certificate program. But you can use the suggestion provided above in general. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1byi85k6msbv25/Project%20Solon-Runsets.wmv?dl=0

2014-10-31 15_19_52-Results and Compare.png

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Message 3 of 14
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: mra1242

Hi,

The Potential Energy Savings chart has been “retired” in favor of newer and more dynamic result visualizations, and BPAC has been updated to represent this.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com
Message 4 of 14

Hello,

I have the following questions,

The tool "Potential Energy Savings Report" was really good, clear and justified the enormous amount of runs that makes gbs to starting a project, now is not found unless the gbXML file is loaded directly, is there any reason to justify ? The other methods are not as simple ...

Solon stopped working, although is set in the gbs page, in Revit is blank, Something not working? Do all the steps as such as the video shows, without getting anything.

Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 14
mra1242
in reply to: esteban_campos

Hi Esteban,

Potential Energy Savings Chart is retired for a good reason. With the help of Solon, you have an option to create a customized version of a chart similar to Potential Energy Savings Chart. TO enable the custom chart in Result and Compare in Revit follow these steps:

1. Go to GBS page
  2. Go to Project Solon page from the top right corner of the page.
  3. Go to the dashboards tab on the side

2015-01-06 10_43_45-Green Building Studio Project Solon.jpg

4.  Select Energy Cost Factors (Sample Factor Dashboard) - Select the box beside the name and do not open the dashboard

2015-01-06 10_45_17-Green Building Studio Templates.jpg

5.  Click on More Actions on the top righ and select Assign to Application

2015-01-06 10_47_51-Green Building Studio Templates.jpg

6.  Assign the dashboard to the Revit-Results and Compare

2015-01-06 10_49_03-Green Building Studio Templates.jpg

7.  Run the energy analysis for your model again and you will see the chart on the R&C in Revit.

You can create your custom dashboard and include the custom widgets that you want to have in Revit and assign to R&C with the same process. 

I could not understand what you exactly mean by Solon stopped working. you meant you are seeing blank screen in Solon tab in R&C in Revit? If this is the case, let me know and I will try to help you solve the issue.

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Message 6 of 14
esteban_campos

Mohammad,

thank you very much for your prompt response.
Indeed Revit screen results and comparison is blank, even having set solon on gbs.

thank you very much.

Esteban Campos

ejemplo.jpg

Message 7 of 14

Hi Esteban,

This issue is caused by some old/new support dlls mix up. Please follow these steps to solve this issue:

1. In you windows explorer go to: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2015\CEA\DB
  2. Delete or rename the DB folder to trigger a new auto update package download
  3. Open Revit and start a new analysis and open Results and Compare window. An automatic update should be triggered.
  4. When the update is done, the issue should be solved.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 14

Hi, Mohannad,

thank you very much for your time again...

I tried renaming the folder DB gives no results first, and then rename the folder CEA, also without result ....
I send the screenshots ...

Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks for the help.

Esteban

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Message 9 of 14

Hi Esteban,

Did you close Revit renamed CEA to something else. Then when you open Revit and go to results and compare, a message box opens and shows it is updating. It creates a new CEA folder for you. Did you get that message box? is the folder created?

Then you need to click on restore button to get back your older analysis results.

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 14
frida.cobar
in reply to: 393-85362436

Hello! I am trying to finish the Building Performance Analysis Certificate (BPAC) but I cannot find a way to activate back the Potential Energy Savings Report to finish the course, could you please explain how to get it back? Thak you

Message 11 of 14
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: frida.cobar

Hi,

There is an update on the Potential Energy Savings Chart. Potential Energy Savings Chart does not get generated when a run is submitted from Revit. It does get generated when a gbxml is submitted to GBS web. Instead you can use the similar chart with the sam efunctionality that is generated in Project Solon Energy Cost Dashboard and assign the public dashboard assignable to Revit in Solon. Please see the above posts to learn how to create this chart.

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 14
daniel.ruiz
in reply to: Mohammad_Asl

Hi Mohammed

I have the same problema as Esteban

I have changed the name of the DB Folder, and yes when I open Revit, a message box opens ands it is updating. A new folder is created but the problem doesn't get solved. Indeed Revit screen results and comparison is blank, even having set solon on GBS as you has said.

I put some screenshots of the problem

Thank you very much for your help

Message 13 of 14
mra1242
in reply to: daniel.ruiz

Hi,

Do you have the DB folder on a mapped drive? That is a limitation for the DB folder location.

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Message 14 of 14
diasjohn14

error  while loading dashboards in project solon and cant load any results

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report