Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not running charts.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kevdem13
1161 Views, 6 Replies

Not running charts.

Hi,

When running my GBxml file in the web based edition, i don't get any charts running. When checking my error, i get an error basically saying that i need to tone down on my external shading... but the thing is i have barely any at the moment! Does anyone know what could possibily be wrong? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mstein7484
in reply to: kevdem13

Hi
If you have surfaces (walls/roofs/floors) without any rooms/spaces designated adjacent to them, they will be read as shading surfaces.
Hope this helps.

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 7
kevdem13

Thanks for the reply.

It's a hospital design, so i have my designated rooms inside which are all bound... but then i have the surroundings of the hospital also designed, so the site area, paths, road, car parking etc, are all designed as floors. Is this what you mean?? Is Would hiding these elements or deleting them from my model and only having the building itself help in analyse? Many thanks.

Message 4 of 7
mstein7484

Hello,
Yes, those external elements are being read by DOE-2 as "shades", and unfortunately there is a limit in DOE-2 for the number of shading surfaces in can handle.

Marjorie Stein
Project Manager
Building Performance Analysis

MAIN +1 415 679 7846
DIRECT +1 415-507-4757

Autodesk, Inc.
1031 North McDowell Blvd
Petaluma, CA 94954-1173
www.autodesk.com<>

[Description: Description: Description: Email_Signature_Logobar]

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
mstein7484

Hello,

Yes, those external elements are being read by DOE-2 as “shades”, and unfortunately there is a limit in DOE-2 for the number of shading surfaces in can handle. You may have to delete/hide these elements for the energy analysis to run successfully.

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
kevdem13
in reply to: mstein7484

Hi,

I took your advice, and my external shading number ha been reduced. However i'm still over the DOE limit of 1024 (im on 1271 at the moment). I've literally deleted everything that isnt a room bounding wall/floor, and left in elements such as ceilings and windows, etc. Do you have any other tips? My site is only small... so i am a bit perplexed as to why this is still happening.

Regards.

Message 7 of 7
mstein7484

It sounds like there are problems with the model formation. If you have Revit 2014, within the program folder look for GbXML2Dwfx.exe. This will allow you to view your model in Autodesk Design Review (free tool). Just drag an xml on to the GbXML2Dwfx.exe and it’ll create a dwfx next to xml file. You can view all of the surface types of your model and identify ones that are still being categorized as shade surfaces.

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report