Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inp file to equest

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mohamed.hkhater
945 Views, 4 Replies

inp file to equest

hi

when i use the inp file in equest i think its very diffcult to create new space in equest from inp file 

is there a way to export the spaces from gbs to equest or any easy way in equest to  creat spacefic space in equest?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

The best workflow is to create all of the spaces in your authoring application, such as Revit, submit your model to GBS, and download the .inp file from the GBS website to use in eQUEST.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 5

Hi Mohamed,

Please see Placing Spaces page in Revit help to learn how to place spaces. In order to set space as export category, follow the steps in Exporting Design to gbXML page. In this page use the second part to set spaces as export category.

Zone Export Category.png

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com
Message 4 of 5

when i use  the exported gbxml file in gbs and export inp file for equest ,equest identify zones not spaces
and when run energy simulation mode in revit in gbs and export inp file for equest no spaces and zones identify in equest

Message 5 of 5

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you are seeing in eQUEST is simply the naming convention sometimes applied to the names of Spaces and the names of Zones by GBS. If you look at the eQUEST interface you will see the field is "Space Name" in the Building Shell components; and "Thermal Zone Name" in the eQUEST Air-Side HVAC components. The spaces and zones are present in the eQUEST model.

I'm not clear on what you mean: "when run energy simulation mode in revit in gbs and export inp file for equest no spaces and zones identify in equest." The energy simulation will not succeed without spaces and zones in eQUEST. Could you send me the .inp file for this case?

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report