Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set thermostat temperature in gbXML file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
duygualb
868 Views, 3 Replies

How to set thermostat temperature in gbXML file

Hi.

I was wondering whether we can set thermostat temperature in gbXML or in Revit. I have modeled a single family house in Revit and run building performance analysis in GBS. However, it basically assigns default values which includes thermostat temperature. I just wanted to change the range of the thermostat temperature and run it again. I would be grateful if someone could help me about it.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: duygualb

Hi,

You can change the DesignHeatT and DesignCoolT under Zone node in the gbXML file. 

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
duygualb
in reply to: Mohammad_Asl

Hi.

Thanks for the comment!

I have tried to change DesignHeatT and DesignCoolT in the gbXML file. However the results sound weird! I have attached the excel sheet including the results. I have a base case which has the default temperature set point (70 to 74) and I have set them 60 for heating and 80 for cooling. 

Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 4
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: duygualb

Hi,

I think I misunderstood your question. DesignHeatT and DesignCoolT that I suggeted can be used for system sizing. 

In order to change the zone temperature setpoints, you need to change heatSchedIdRef & coolSchedIdRef reference within zones. You will need to go to these schedules and edit the hourly temperature values for a 24-hour period. There may be several different day schedules, i.e. one for weekday, one for Saturday, and one for Sunday.

In the cases of schools building types you will get into seasonal schedules as well and not just one schedule for the entire year.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report