Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we export the specific reports out of Green Building Studio?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sburke
1120 Views, 3 Replies

I have all this great information that is completly trapped in GBS I can't get anything out!

For example I'm on the leed daylight credit tab, I want to export all the data to Excel or at least a CSV file which would also be fine.

Does autodesk realy expect me to try and copy and paste this information out?  Every tab should have an export feature or at very least a PDF export that I could copy and past from.   I can export a CSV file from the run page which has some use but its no where near enough.

This is the very reason why many people are not using this tool, they can't get the data out of it.......

Am I missing a hidden export button?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mstein7484
in reply to: sburke

Hello,

Unfortunately GBS does not currently have the capability for generating reports. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your frustration. This feature is on our list of requested improvements.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
adam.menter
in reply to: mstein7484

Please post this frustration to the IdeaStation that's part of these forums (and get your friends to vote it up). That will force the product teams to prioritize it on their roadmaps.

It's best to start by being specific about what you're trying to accomplish, and then to give some suggestions about how the software can help you accomplish that better (including visuals and screenshots).

Here is the link to the new IdeaStation: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Building-Performance-Analysis/idb-p/2021

The IdeaStation is lonely. Use it to help us improve! And force us to improve!

Thanks for raising this issue.

Message 4 of 4
scheerd
in reply to: sburke

Thanks for the note.  We're looking into lots of ways to export data and create reports from GBS and the tools we serve.  Since there are so many ways to go about this, we woudl like to hear more about what kind of export woudl serve your purposes, and maybe see some examples of the reports you are creating.

For example, would you like to export a screenshot image, a table with all the values in it, a formatted report, or simply the raw values for use in Excel?  For information with charts, would you like to export the raw chart values, a still image of thr chart, a vector image of the chart, or all of these?  Would you like a report generator interface where you could define the information, layout and styles of elements you want to include from GBS?  

Our main focus these days is the new Solon platform for GBS integration in Revit and FormIt.  You can get the latest release info on the new Labs project here:  

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=AE8C80F7DD7F4F78A9C3A884EA9DF40F

Please join that project and let us know your fondest desires.

In that new platform, all charts have export capabilities using the export options in the upper right corner of the chart in the dashboards.  What other export capabilities would you like for either the Revit or the Solon side of the tool?

Hope to hear from you soon.

David Scheer
Product Manager
Green Building Studio
Autodesk, Inc. 

bpa.team@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report