Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Run DOE 2.2 Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chubbard
2204 Views, 5 Replies

Failed Run DOE 2.2 Error

I am getting the following error

Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. If it is unclear what the issue is, please submit the issue at the link below and include the gbXML file used for this run. <br/> *16482* Y = -3563.6142339895<br/>*ERROR***************************** ================ *****************************************<br/>*ERROR*****VALUE NOT BETWEEN -2000.0000 AND 2000.0000<br/> *16551* Y = -4380.8191930118<br/>*ERROR***************************** ================ *****************************************<br/>*ERROR*****VALUE NOT BETWEEN -2000.0000 AND 2000.0000<br/> *16564* Y = -4377.3191930118<br/>*ERROR***************************** ================ *****************************************<br/>*ERROR*****VALUE NOT BETWEEN -2000.0000 AND 2000.0000<br/> *16577* Y = -4377.3191930118<br/>*ERROR***************

How do I find the elements this is refering to? I thought hte numbers would be the Revit ID but does not appear to be the case.  Checked the file thourghly and found no errors that I know of.  Any Ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barrytsai
in reply to: chubbard

You can open up your input gbxml file and look for the relevant unique text or number. Ex, you can look for '4380' in the gbxml file. There is a free tool called xmlnotepad. It works great with gbxml file for trouble shooting issue like this.

Message 3 of 6
chubbard

I tried that in notepad, built a DB in Excel and Access. Just tried the xml notepad. None of them found any of the values listed in the error statement.  I suspect these are being misread by the DOE application, but I do not know why.

How does one get support for GBS from ADESK beside asking questions on the discussion boards?

Message 4 of 6
barrytsai

You can send email to support.gbs@autodesk.com with your input model file. We can further investigate this issue.

Message 5 of 6
mar.prete

Any answer about this issue? i have the same problem, and from the gbxml file i can't undestand which are the wrong values. Thank in advance.

Message 6 of 6
mstein7484
in reply to: barrytsai

I believe the error is due to your building's origination coordinates exceeds the limits of DOE-2. I believe the units are miles (more than 2000 miles from the site coordinates). If you are using Revit you may need to consult the Revit forum regarding how to change the coordinates. The other option is the manually edit the exported gbXML file from Revit and then directly upload the edited file to GBS.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report